New 2025 Specialized Crux?

I heard new Aethos and Crux are coming, internal cables and UDH for the Crux. This is really good news. Has anybody heard something else? Details?

Thanks!

1 Like

They’re feature-less bikes by definition, what would you expect from them? The cable routing looks the same.

1 Like

Looks like crux gets UDH and that’s it. Not seeing internal cables. Maybe a fix of the headset issue too?

$8200 for a frame? Is this in Canadian dollars or something?

2 Likes

Still seems super high like 5k or whatever. That’s a lot of dough!

Joe

1 Like

For that price, it better be AUS$. I think it’s just priced ridiculously high because it’s not available yet, so a Time Machine is involved and you need to consider the future value of money.

These round tube bikes are cheaper to produce than the fancier shapes. I think these are even machine layer carbon tape, making them less labor intensive. If you’re too poor for this carbon frame, Spec will sell you an aluminum DSW frame for 50% more than Trek would sell a more polished better painted frame for… but weigh 5-10gr less than a comparable frame (Crux v Crockett)

Here is the actual source, yes AUD: S-Works Crux Frameset

Just an FYI for anoyone who reads this…If you’re willing to forego the UDH and internal cables, Spesh is running a huge sale on the current S-Works Crux.

1 Like

New Crux is just UDH from the full builds I saw. Still external cables. So unless you like the new paint jobs better or want to run a transmission RD, there’s not much reason to upgrade.

Edit: Here’s the link. External cables. New paint jobs and UDH. That’s about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/specialized/s/KotF6FcKwN

1 Like

The new Crux frameset is already available here (a German shop):

I’m surprised it’s 10r and not 12. I guess that’s the tell that this is not the “next gen” in their eyes.

It’s the Pro version, they’ve always been 10r. The S-Works are 12r.

2 Likes

But usually Spesh upgrade to the next version with a new gen, right? So what was the S-works wrap becomes the regular one and they introduce a new one 14r.

No. I have a 2014 Venge Pro with 10R carbon. The scheme has been fairly stable for a decade. At one point S-works went from 11R to 12R. I’m sure the tech behind the scenes has changed, but these names are just marketing anyway.

Oh, you’re right, I’m wrong. For some reason I was thinking my SL6 S-Works was 10r, but I just looked and it’s 12. My mistake.

2 Likes

Can’t get over that price!

Joe

1 Like

Looking at the Australia site it looks like the price is the same as the existing S-Works frameset. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

the Crux 2 gens ago, i.e the CX focused bike was 10r regardless of Sworks/Standard. just different paint.

So Aethos / Crux are not coming with internal cables next year?

No for the Crux.