Multiple Event Training

Hey Mike!

If you throw in a couple three minute efforts on your mid-week endurance ride (assuming that you are handling your weekly fatigue well), it will not drastically effect your training :+1:.

Just listen to your body and if you find yourself tired or stuggling to finish planned workouts, then you may want to dial it back. You will need to be especially conscious when you enter SSB II since there will be VO2 max interval days in that plan, and you don’t want to bite off more than you can chew :slight_smile:

:ok_hand:

Bryce coming back to you that i am in my last week of SSBMV. I am scheduled for SSPMV for my build. Weather is changing here and is starting to warm up so i want to get outside 2 days a week. I am kicking mid week recovery ride for an outdoor recovery ride(1 hour). Is the Sunday ride the other one i should kick? I plan on riding for 3 hours outside(Sunday) at my race pace. That pace is generally a mid Z3 pace so power target somewhere around 190-200 watts. I don’t burst up the hills or go any faster on the flats, i just maintain that consistent output with a couple 5 min light spins in the middle somewhere. Is this the optimal thing to do? I feel like i need these for my sanity and my bike handling skills since i am a mountain biker, however i have reaped major benefits from the SSBMV as in big power increases. I do not wont to lose any gains i would normally get from following the plan as written. What advice do you have??

Mike

Hey Mike!

It looks like this question is unrelated to the Orignal Post, so if you could post any new questions in a new forum thread, that would be perfect. This will keep the forum organized and make it easy to find helpful information :+1:

Thanks!