i need some suggestions in order to better integrate TR in my outside spins (when i’ll finally be able to go out again, that is…).
I never raced nor i’ve ever invested a lot of money in my MTB gear, but i’ve been riding in the mountains for more than 15 years now.
A few years ago i bought what for me was a substantial upgrade, and indeed i’ve enjoyed a lot: got a used Epic carbon 26" with some nice extras for less than 1000.
Since TR started logging outside workouts, i just upload the data from my Polar with GPS and HR; it works ok, yet now, especially with the possibility to actually do outside workouts, i’d really like to be able to properly use that function.
If i get it right, from where i’m at, i’d need a power meter and a Gramin 530; and the problem i see is with the power meter: crankset on my bike is an XTR m970 3x9. So that rules out the possibility to get a 4iiii arm, the most cost effective option i see.
What would you do?
- Swap the bike for a newer used one with a current XT crankset, buy the Garmin and a 4iiii arm.
- Keep the bike and install a new (or used) XT with 4iiii arm and add the Garmin.
- Send out my current XTR arm to 4iiii to get the power meter installed in it.
- Swap to a used turbo levo that broadcast the power and has…
- Any other (and probably better) idea?
Thanks a lot for the specific help!