Mountain Biking not Recognized by TR as a Discipline

Except most enduro racing these days does have lift support. One of the reasons I don’t like it. I would totally do enduro racing if you actually had to have endurance and climb. One of the biggest local races has 4 stages with about 500-1000’ of total climbing, you take the lift for all but one stage.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know some are set that way (with lifts) at least in part because of the location (ski / bike resorts in many cases). Surely varies with location and specific events.

Either way, my comment was a joke that failed like many of my other attempts :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Roadies without the road? wow…that hurts.

I do all the disciplines, even rode my gravel bike to work today.

1 Like

Roadies riding on crappy roads?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :alien: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

“Enduro” is even more confusing if you’ve ridden Motorcycle off road enduros.
And some of the M TB plan workouts annoy me when they say adopt/practice an “aero position”. Really? Indicates the workouts are not MTB focused but just adopted from the “road” plans. So just how useful are they to MTB?

1 Like

That’s for practicing ducking low branches

5 Likes

Just as useful. Basically that cue is to get into a position on the bike you expect to see during your events/races. So as a pure MTB’er who does 90% of my workouts on the trainer, that cue is to either stand and/or alter my cadence to reflect trail conditions.

1 Like