Mountain bike on kickr

Anyone running their mtb on their kickr? Thinking of mounting my sb115 to it as that is my primary bike? Anyone doing something similar with a bike like rhe 115?

Gravel bike with Eagle XX1 similar enough? I went the cheap way and put an NX cassette on the Kickr so I didn’t have to get an XD driver/freehub. Still only 142 though. I suspect the SB115 is 148? Shouldn’t be an issue with that supported out of the box.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not worried about the spacing just didn’t sure how it was doing intervals etc. I can lock out the shock. I think having the better touch points since that’s is my primary bike would be more beneficial than training on a bike I ride strictly for endurance (gravel bike).

2 Likes

I bought a really cheap MTB and adjusted it so the fit was 95% of my race bike, and have been using that on my Kickr 20 since the beta test days. No issues, just training in the same position as racing.
As long as you can fit the bike to the trainer I see no reason not to train on it!

3 Likes

Thank you! I am definitely overthinking this somewhat. Are you training mostly in erg mode if you have it? New to the kickr and coming from a dumb trainer. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I’ve been using my Scott Spark RC 900 on a Kickr Core for 2 years. Works great! I use erg for everything.

3 Likes

I pretty much use ERG all the time. I even use my Garmin to control it when my coach has set a specific workout built in TrainingPeaks and I can’t be bothered to build it in Workout Creator.
The only time I don’t use ERG is during the Full Frontal fitness test from Wahoo SYSTM where they say not to. Other than that all workouts work perfectly, even those with frequent/short changes in power.

1 Like

I’ve used a full suspension a hardtail a single speed and I’ve been eyeing my neighbors kids tricycle. All have worked well. I locked out my front fork but don’t have a lockout on the rear just a “pro-pedal.”

Awesome, thanks for help everyone! I will say erg mode is pretty amazing as there is no let up haha I feel as though I’m going to get a better work out.

1 Like

Train on the bike you’re going to use for your A-event. Why not? :+1:

2 Likes

I just do this for fun haha, no time to race but enjoy the training process.