More natural fuel

Klaw, I started fueling with dates before and after my TR workouts and my RPE went down. So far, it appears correlated. They seem to digest really well.

1 Like

All this talk of panela makes me want to return to Colombia. Colombian riders are some of the best in the world and have traditionally been known to fuel with panela. And this goes way back, not just a few years. Iā€™d love to hear input on this from a Colombian perspective and experience.
I am in Canada and I use a lot of maple syrup during my TR workouts. I chug a little, then chase it down with a swish of water to wash out my mouth. I also consume a lot of dates, figs and bananas. I do use some Scratch mix on occasion as it is so simple, taste is very non-offensive, and it seems slightly more natural than other mixes. It does infringe on my value for whole foods.
I try to eat and drink as much whole foods as possible. I realize it is wide a spectrum in terms of levels and types of processing. I do not agree with the approach of many that during training we only eat for performance. My approach to life and food is more holistic and includes what I consume during training.

1 Like

Today I had a chap visit our shop and ask what nutrition products we stocked. We gave him the names of most of the usual suspects most shops have, to which he asked if we would be interested in something different. He gave me a sample of his new honey based gel, which in his own words is a first.

Looking at the pack it is a 30g gel with 24g of carbs. Ingredients are honey and electrolytes, 98.7% honey!
He set up the business in December and it currently looking for shops to stock and to get some details out in the wild. Check the web site for more info: https://buzz-power.co.uk/
Not sure my Saturday Pettit workout is worthy of trying it but Sunday I plan on giving it a whirl :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Maple syrup from a good source for me, sorry fellow brits.