Missing Survey Response: a heads up

Yep I have the exact same behaviour on my android phone…I notified TR and a bug report was raised.

2 Likes

Just received this update from TR support:

"This is unfortunately something that has been bugging a few TrainerRoad athletes from time to time…
While our product team is currently working on resolving this issue soon, we do not have an exact ETA on when it will be fixed. In the meantime, here are some troubleshooting steps that I would like for you to follow:

1. If the issue pops up again, try logging out of the app and back in again.

2. It is important not to leave the app too quickly after you’ve completed a workout and the post-workout survey Try and leave the app open for a couple of minutes after you’ve completed the survey. This will ensure that everything that needs to be synced from the TrainerRoad app to our online servers is done.

3. Also, ensure that you have a stable connection, preferably a WIFI connection when completing your workouts. "

I’ve taken to leaving the app running after I’ve finished a workout (I leave it running while I jump in the shower). I’m still getting missing responses but not quite as many as I used to. At least TR are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it.

4 Likes

Same issues here on iPhone app. Connection issues seem strange since the actual workout NEVER fails to upload but the survey response does.

Normally, there should be a response from the server so the client actually knows the survey answer has not been received and can notify the user. That’s not how it works now, since the modal with the survey just closes.

I hope they can find the bug soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have not gotten a survey for the last 2 sessions. It seems to have changed once AT went live. It worked fine for me when it was in beta

I had that a week or so ago. My desktop app showed “Success” and the online workout analysis showed the usual “missing response”. Even worse, it wouldn’t let me update the survey response - either online or in the app. Every time I tried, I just got a pop-up saying “How did this effort feel?” with a “Save” button - the options to update the survey simply weren’t there. I contacted Support, and they said it was an issue they were aware of that occurred on the day of my workout. I still can’t update my survey response for that particular workout.

Please reach out to the team at support@trainerroad.com. It could be a simple setting that was mistakenly changed when we took Adaptive Training out of beta. They’ll be happy to help and take a look!

1 Like

I’ve had this quite a few times but also seem to be getting that annoying survey ‘What was the cause of your struggles’ when I didnt struggle and marked the workout as easy or moderate etc.

Very annoying but not a hge issue as I’m not using AT and a TR plan right now.

I had the same missed response SAVE / CANCEL option only. Support (Bryce) said there was an issue but now fixed.

1 Like