Magsafe garmin mount?

Has anyone seen a magsafe adapter that connects to a garmin mount yet? I use my iphone for TrainerRoad on the trainer, and I usually swap the case out for an old case where I have the garmin attachment stuck to the back, but a magsafe adapter for the new iphone would be pretty slick.

I was searching for the same thing and found your post. It’s late, but what I ended up doing was to glue one of those MagSafe dashboard mounts into the case of my old phone (which had one of those Garmin stickers on the back) and then cut the rest of the case away.

To position the MagSafe mount, I stuck it to the back of my phone and then (as this was a clear case) just put a few dots on the back.

Works well enough for TrainerRoad on my rollers, probably wouldn’t take this on the road though. But then there’s a reason the bike has a Garmin mount. :slight_smile:

The mount I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093Q26FLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Result:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link!

I copied this for my new phone and it has been working out even better than before.

1 Like

I’ve been working on a Garmin quarter turn to MagSafe mount. I have this up and running with the MagSafe mount itself embedded in the piece for a flush look. I had to offset the Garmin mount to get a little more room on my SL7 for my iPhone mini in portrait mode.

1 Like

I found a garmin quarter turn plastic piece that had 3M sticky tape on the other side a stuck it to a scrap piece of sheet metal I found at work and it works okay for keeping my phone close during a workout

BDSNAIL Universal Phone Adhesive… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TB13WTQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here is a magsafe garmin adapter that can be 3d printed. I have not printed it but it looks good.
I have printed a full quad lock setup though and it works great.

20220413_140702

That STL is mine and needs to be updated. The MagSafe disc won’t fit in the original print cutout.

Nice work on it!!! Well done!

LOL. I never bothered to compare the names… duh.

How did you make that circle piece that holds the Encased puck? I have the Magsafe puck in my hand and finding it a few millimeters bigger than the KOM universal quarter turn adhesive mount I got to put on the back of it. I mean, I know it’ll work, but it’s bugging me! I need just like a small, small case for the puck now. My partner’s dad has a 3D printer but I know nothing about getting something made.

Here is my version of a MagSafe adapter for a Garmin mount. While I have multiple 3D printers and the ability to design whatever parts I needed, I just found it easier to buy off-the-shelf parts from Amazon and have it finished without really any effort!

Link for MagSafe disk
Link for KOM Cycling Garmin Mount

Some very crude trimming of the Garmin mount with the kitchen scissors and there you go! Should be perfect for indoor rides!

2 Likes

So I was well on my way to making my own one of these with the KOM mount and a puck like Jonathan mentioned on a recent episode, but when about to stick those two things together it was just not clean enough for me. Plus where was I going to put my Garmin?

I found the Anker 620 MagGo Grip for $16 on sale and decided to try it. Also can take to the gym and attach to racks instead of throwing my phone on the floor. https://www.anker.com/products/a25a1?variant=42588874080406