I’m about three weeks into my SSB2 routine and I find myself really enjoying the VO2max workouts. SS, on the other hand, I absolutely dread.
Here’s how If feel with sweet spot workouts:
- Consider reducing effort levels
- Rest between sets never feels enough
- When I’m done, I feel drained and low energy
Here’s how I feel with VO2max workouts:
- Bump up the last set by 5% to 20%
- Feel like there’s too much rest between sets
- When I’m done, I feel markedly more energetic and I’m almost bouncing off the walls.
Shouldn’t I feel the opposite? I’m not trying to humble-brag so I apologize if I seem like I am, but the contrast between sweet spot and VO2max for me is notably huge and I would honestly like to know why. What is it about me that makes my VO2max workouts so enjoyable compared to sweet spot?
My fueling strategies are the same for each workout: caloric intake ends at 8pm the night before, small carb-centric breakfast and coffee about an hour before I start, 0.75 serving of Skratch’s hydration mix. It doesn’t matter if the sweet spot workout is shorter than the VO2max workout, by the time I’m in the middle of the sweet spot workout I’m seriously contemplating quitting.
Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!