Let's see your paincave!

First time I’ve seen or hear of double headwinds :+1::+1:

4 Likes

We just bought this house and moved in at the end of July, so it’s still a work in progress. Have a room in the basement that lets me suffer in piece and turn up the music a bit without bothering anyone. Door to the outside, so I can let in some nice winter air. A basic Ikea wardrobe that has all my bike clothing, it’s been really nice having everything in one room, makes it easy to get ready for a ride. TV is a stand with wheels so I can move it depending on whether I’m on the rollers or the Kickr. I am going to lower the TV down though, and want to find a way to put the fan on top. Still needs some decorations and whatnot, but I’m happy for now.

24 Likes

Awesome setup @rogermbyrne

1 Like

Great setup. That drop ceiling gives you a lot of options, including adding additional lighting and running outlets to the back of the room to get the cords off of the floor. I’ve toyed with the idea of a Phillips Hue lighting system, but it’s expensive. Not sure if would make me faster, either, but …

1 Like

I have similar art to what @rogermbyrne has. Probably from the same artist.

PTWilliamsArt on Etsy.

3 Likes

How did you adapt the kikr to ski erg?

@ixgallo I put some details on another topic over here

skierg with a kickr

So, after a few solid months of weekend and after work construction, I’ve finally completed my new basement space!! Although my sons are hoping for a new spot to hang out, Daddy has different plans. Only thing left to do is install the new 42" television and get a more powerful fan. Super psyched to have a dedicated spot to workout. #Sonos #ParleeBikes #SramEtap #SarisMagnus #GarminVector #ClifBar

17 Likes

i would just like to chime in and say that this is my favorite thread in the forum. excellent work all, from the most humble setups to the most elaborate, these are all amazing and a true source of inspiration!

12 Likes

Ehhh, I wish it was a drop ceiling, then I could take a panel or two out and have room for one of those pull-ups stands to do pull-ups and dips. The white insulation panels are fastened directly to the ceiling. If the ceilings were a bit higher, it would be perfect. I am planning on running additional outlets in some conduit to the other side of the room though, not sure why they didn’t put in more than one outlet in that room.

We do have an arched cellar / Gewölbekeller, but unfortunately the humidity is a bit too high in there, wouldn’t make for a good room to work out in, but would be an awesome looking “pain cave” where no one can hear you scream.

35 Likes

A real paincave

4 Likes

Get a dehumidifier unit :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m a bit more old school and use a broom handle to turn it on/change speed when required! Adds technical skill whilst on rollers! :rofl:

8 Likes

I see how you got your name…must be some serious wipeouts doing stunts like that! :joy:

2 Likes

Got it about the faux drop ceiling. You can (almost) never have enough outlets and USB connections.

That cellar looks awesome. Heat and airflow are about the only way to lower the humidity, but I’m sure you know that.

https://www.muddymortars.co.uk/blog/how-to-control-damp-in-old-stone-and-cob-buildings.html

2 Likes

This is one of the most original things I’ve seen. :+1:t4:

1 Like

This could be an amazing training space!

chapeau, your cave is insane…nice work

19 Likes

That is an impressive use of available space.

2 Likes