Let's see your paincave!

:dizzy_face:

Cue up the “Rocky IV Montage”

The new and improved pain cave with an added weightlifting rack and a new wall mounted TV right in time for TDF.

21 Likes

Making use of the old window well on in an under the garage storage to house all of the electronics for the AV setup. As like many projects undertaken by an engineer it is a fairly capable setup but probably way too complex, as confirmed by my wife when I try to teach her how to manage changing the inputs.

The front panel is on hinges and can be lifted to access the computer and all of the components whereas the speakers and 32" monitors are mounted on the panel itself. Used a 4x2 HDMI splitter (left), 4x usb hub (top left), fire TV cube (middle) and audio amplifier (Right) to make it all come together. Used an old laptop and router (both inside) to manage the TR workouts.

My main regret with this setup is that I mounted the monitors too high, giving me a bit of neck strain while riding. I guess if it gives me too much grief I’ll have to build a platform for the bike. Still need to put a half rack into the room for some weight work and a decent fan to help with those VO2 workouts!

27 Likes

Hi,

I am not sure if most people feel this way but that monitor setup is way too high for the left trainer. I would have the bottom of the monitor in line with the top of the shifters and angled slightly upwards.

The setup on the right looks perfect.

Have to agree, tv needs to be where the remotes are sitting. I like to have my 27 inch gaming monitor at a height looking down the road.

1 Like

Are things more expensive in France? I’ve heard they cost plenty of dough…

Muzzafar,
your thoughts are totally correct. Monitors are way too high but I realized that after having built and mounted the panel and there was no going back at that point :(. As mentioned in the original post I may have to build a pedestal to place the left bike on so that it is more in line with the level of the monitors. For now it is simply neck exercise lol…
The bike on the right is my wife’s Peleton and therefore has an integrated monitor in an ideal location.

3 Likes

perfect excuse to build a pedestal with integral rocker plate

5 Likes

Not much of cave I suppose. Fan works better when it is windy (which is most afternoons here), luckily it is always a dry heat around here; high humidity is 30% around here, that’s high! Unfortunately I have to use bug spray to slow down the mosquitoes, but not stop them.

I don’t use the trainer much at home though. My GF and I watch TV and ride the trainer at her place (literally the only time we watch TV is on the bike), or I workout outdoors. Roadie is broken right now, so no trainer work at all right now.

20 Likes

A man of culture :hushed:

3 Likes

Think we were all waiting for @mcneese.chad to mention rocker plates :joy:

2 Likes

Indoor Outdoor Setup

Standing Laptop stand on top of Ikea Applaro table with my gaming laptop.

Surprisingly the bike’s front wheel fits underneath the table perfectly, no need to get the Wahoo table anymore.

21 Likes

That looks like an animal been hit by a car, it just needs to be put down…

3 Likes

I’m slowly growing a pain jungle. Trying to bring the outside, inside. It’s very calming to look at.

26 Likes

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈😂

25 Likes

What are those floor mats? They look nice and beefy

1 Like

Honestly wish I could tell you! I started building out my garage gym just before the pandemic hit the states (January 2020; great coincidence on my end) and began by picking up flooring, weights, and an old squat rack (swapped out for the Sorinex Off-Grid a few months later) all on OfferUp from one person. Sorry for not being more helpful!

Looks like the 101 garage gym flooring option of 17mm horse stall mats.
Sadly they became very expensive and hard to come by here in the UK after the pandemic

2 Likes