Legacy Pricing Update

I believe I get a discount for paying annually vs. monthly. Is that still a thing with the 15% loyalty?

will it be be an option to " opt-in" in the future? While some may be feeling the economic pressure now, they may be willing to pay full price or get the 15% discount in the future when their personal situation improves

14 Likes

It would be 15% of the annual price. So that’s $189 now. And 15% off is $160.65.

Annual is already discounted from monthly. $189/year is equal to $15.75/month.

4 Likes

Hell, yes! hehe

Anytime you want to pay more, let me know:-D.

But in all seriousness, I could see us leaving an option on their account information page for athletes who choose to stay on legacy now.

20 Likes

can’t hurt to give people the option to pay more in the future.

8 Likes

I agree! I just told the team about this. Good idea. :grin:

11 Likes

I applaud your decision to keep your word to legacy users.

While I will choose to stay at $99 per year, I would happily buy some TR merchandise.

You could use a company like https://www.printful.com to do the heavy lifting and do only the designs. This particular company is great if you want to serve an Internation audience as it has printing facilities in different continents.

Disclosure: The company is the first startup unicorn from Latvia (my country of residence) and I am doing a free advertisement for them.

9 Likes

Thanks Nate. An elegant compromise. As always, TR clears the very high bar you set for yourselves. Kudos.

7 Likes

What a classy move. I’m not on legacy pricing but the way you’re doing this seems beyond fair. This only increases my esteem for TR as an organisation. Well done!

10 Likes

Maybe throw a TR coffee mug to the people who chose to leave the legacy pricing?

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahh I bought stickers to support an iPhone app in the past and they were mailed from Lativa which was a surprise. Must be the same company.

1 Like

I remember when those kits were made available. I’m sure they were real nice but, oh boy were they pricey. Kind of regret not getting some… the bibs at least.

2 Likes

Yah, they were awesome but expensive. We didn’t want to sell low end TR kits either. :frowning:

Tough situation.

10 Likes

You’re saying that an extra 91 cents per month is what makes you say it’s not worth it?

1 Like

I’m personally a bit undecided yet, as I’ve kept the subscription last year without training for quite a long time - specifically to keep the legacy price.

However, I have to say that the communication, the fact that you leave the choice to the users and also give ample time for that, is very appreciable. As usual with TR - you’re setting the bar pretty high !

8 Likes

That’s a standup way to handle it and still keep your promise. I appreciate that. This is the year I no longer use TrainerRoad, but it’s not for pricing reasons. It simply doesn’t meet my training needs as a master’s athlete with an autoimmune disease (and the resultant required drugs) that continues to make daily recovery harder and harder. I will miss it and continue enjoying the podcasts and these forums—great community and platform you’ve built. Kudos.

9 Likes

I visited HQ when I flew into Reno for my Bach party at Lake Tahoe in May and got a free hat, water bottle and some stickers. Literally my favorite gear ever :grin: got a few people asking at some crits, where they too could have the opportunity to, be as cool as me. (Forgive the rhyme)

5 Likes

Was great to meet you, Paul! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You were in a meeting or out of office for a few hours haha. One of the reps showed me around.

I am a 10+ year TR user and on Legacy pricing. I am still using a Computrainer for my power source. (After 25+ years and close to 1 million miles, it seems to be indestructible so no reason to replace.). As a result, I need to use the Legacy version of TR so I am missing out on many new, advanced TR features. Therefore, I will opt to stay on the Legacy pricing.

TR is a fantastic program and I recommend it to any in our club that ask. It just works to make you faster.

8 Likes