Kickr Core - wheel height adjustment for mtb

Hey folks,

I consider myself lucky to have found a Kickr Core in those times. I plan to use it with my 27,5/650B hardtail mtb. I know that the Kickr has height adjustment, which seems to be an overlooked advantage of it for all non-roadies.

Any ideas how to adjust the height of the rear wheel on the Core, so that it remains stable?

Thanks!

I use my Kickr Core with a 29er hardtail, and glued some wood boards together to get the proper thickness to match the rear axle height to with the front. It worked out to about 1.5in/38mm thick, so probably half that- .75 in/19mm for your 27.5. I also glued another board on edge to create an L-shaped profile to keep the trainer from sliding off, but that’s probably not necessary if the boards are wide enough.

I might be wrong but as far as I remember the Core doesn’t offer height adjustment. Only the pricier Kickr (no core) model does.

Thanks! I assume you put the Core on top of that with no anti-vibration mat in between. Do you feel like this is noisier compared to Core directly on the floor or mat?

I havent received the Core yet, so could send it back and wait to find a normal Kickr.

Yep, the trainer is directly on the boards, which are placed on a thin mat to prevent scuffing my hardwood floors. It doesn’t add any additional noise to the Core, which runs really quiet by itself.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated!

Using a Kickr Core with my 29er MTB for past year. No adjustments needed, Kickr is on the floor and so is front wheel.

Best to just measure axle height from the floor. Adjust with risers to suit preference.

Generally, a slightly higher front axle seems more comfortable of some people. Level axles inside sometimes leads to more pressure and numb hands.

My theory is the lack of wind resistance pushing your torso back, that puts more force on the hands. A higher front axle leads to a subtle weight shift meant to mimic what we get outside.

Easy to try and works for some people, but not everyone.

1 Like