Kickr Core problem

I think i also have the same issues i do have power on zwift:traineroad but its way to high and the trainer provides no resistance.

Just had the ESD death happen on my Kickr Core. The unit is 25 months old so out of warranty period. Any chance Wahoo will replace or am I completely out of luck?

Does the normal Kickr have the same issue with ESD?

I have now a Kickr Core for 2 years and still fine, but think about to sell this one and buy a Kickr.

Or is a Tacx Neo a better choice?

Thank you @iamholland

I have warranty till 1 december 2021, so before that date i like to sell Kickr Core before i got problems…
Where can i find the problems with Kickr V5?

I have a V5 Kickr and it suddenly after 3 months use showed no power, cadence or speed. After a couple of emails with support they are sending me a new unit. Arrives Saturday.

Note that it’s cold and dry where I live right now. My Kickr uses the Wahoo mat but is in a carpeted room. My suspicion is ESD but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Thanks! Ok, so preventive swapping from the Core to Kickr V5 isnt a guarantee that i dont get problems with the ESD…

1 Like

I’ve had my Kickr Core since December 2019 and it has performed flawlessly. Suddenly during a workout last week it developed a loud humming noise in the flywheel. Sent an email to Wahoo with a short video and Wahoo is sending me a replacement. Annoying to be without a trainer for a week, but happy to see Wahoo replace it after 2.5 years.

3 Likes

my Kickr started doing something similar this week. wouldn’t show power on the Kickr, so I got on my rollers (bike w/ Assioma pedal), and no power display either (but both devices showing “paired”). Had to click “forget device”, the re-pair to make roller bike work. next day, same thing on kickr, told it to forget the roller bike and the Kickr paired up. seemed more like a TR issue than a Kickr issue?

Hi folks, avid TR user here. I have a 2017 Kickr that’s been non prep up until about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that, power on the TR app correlated closely to my power meter. All of a sudden, the Kickr’s power is significantly lower, yet showing a higher reading.

For example, holding 355w, should be hard AF, but it’s not. PM shows 315ish, app shows 355w.

I’ve done several Wahoo hard resets, and thinking it was a stretched/slipping belt, bought and replaced the belt with an OEM item.

Any fixes? Thanks much!

What power meter and have you considered that it could the one with the issue?

I’m running Garmin Vectors, which to me, have been completely trouble free.

Looking at HR and RPE, it’s not the pedals but the trainer. The watts indicated seem unnaturally easy, and “feel” about right from my pedals, unless I’ve managed a considerable jump in fitness (which is very doubtful).

1 Like

A couple of datapoints that I suppose might be useful:

1. An FTP test and look at it in the context of (say) your last 5 FTP tests.
  2. L/R balance on the pedals, as further confirmation that they are acting normally.

It sounds like you’re pretty sure what this would show (big change in FTP, normal L/R balance) but I guess always good to get some data to check.