Kaitlin Armstrong Apprehended

This makes so much more sense. I’ve heard that government spooks have a much harder time getting fake passports under assumed names now that everything has so much more biometric data associated with it - the countries find the biometrics associated with the real person in their computers. It now takes needing to hack the databases, I guess. But using a real passport with someone who looks close enough to her would work.

One would think so. Especially if they found out her sister met her in NJ and brought her passport with her which in that case would seem like the sister was helping.

We will see if she too “regrets her proximity to this crime”.

3 Likes

She had “plastic surgery”? Holy crap! What a rancid human being,

1 Like

Waiting to the Lifetime channel movie! Love triangle, high stakes cycling, and leaving the country on your sisters passport to get a plastic surgery receipt in Costa Rica. Can only get better…

3 Likes

Let’s hope for Colin’s sake he can come out of hiding now, the poor innocent fella.

1 Like

I imagine the passport thing worked because I doubt Costa Rica has much lower security/face recognition tech than the USA at border crossings. I have two friends that are identical twins, and one of them got busted posing as his brother to renew his driver’s license (long story, was just a matter of convience). As soon as they took the photo the computer alerted the person that there was a mismatch, and these guys look identical, the differences aren’t even really visible to the human eye

Read this in a news article:

When she returns, she’ll be held with bond set at $3.5 million, court records in Texas’ Travis County show.

Really? She fled the country under fraudulent documents, I think they have grounds to deny bail….

4 Likes

What does that mean? If someone wants to, they can pay 3.5m to free her?

She hasn’t been convicted of anything yet. When you are charged with a crime, people are often released while awaiting trial. Basically, she has to give the court $3.5m as a guarantee that she will show up for court. I know nothing about how bond is set and what the specific rules are, but I’m also surprised they would give her that option based on her actions. You often hear about cases where people are held without bond, particularly when they are a flight risk or have lots of resources. I’m sure the guidelines vary by state and there was some law that prevents holding her without bond. Unless she has a rich relative or friend ready to risk $3.5m, she will remain in jail.

1 Like

If you can’t afford the full bail, you only have to pay a percentage of the bail to a bondsman who them puts up the bond. So, if the bail is 3.5 million, you pay the bondsman 10%, 350K, and then you are released.

3 Likes

But that assumes you can find a bonds person. Having fled once, she’s a pretty big flight risk, so I’m doubting she will find a bonds person willing to put up 90% of the bond knowing they will lose it if she flees again

6 Likes

Great point

2 Likes

Hmmm, intrigued by all the deep bail bonding expertise in the TrainerRoad community…

22 Likes

Those of us who are not dentists are lawyers.

30 Likes

or bondsmen :rofl:

2 Likes

If you’re above a certain age you will know about the bond system in the US. Even when growing up on the other side of the pond :slight_smile:

Brief introduction at 2:25min

8 Likes

If you watched “Alias” you know the passport thing too.

1 Like

There’s also something called Google

“Your Honor, if it pleases the court I’d like to Google something really quick”.

3 Likes