🎉🎉🎉 Introducing Plan Builder! 🎉🎉🎉

I guess I was thinking of somehow allowing a newly created plan to be saved in the background, not to a temp calendar. Allow us to create a plan, with the ability to look it over and adjust for specific schedule issues over a few days … before deleting a current plan and posting it to our calendar. But I also see your point.

You can’t specifically set the number of days. When you select the Volume, Low = 3 days, Mid = 5 days, High = 6 days. Those Volume selections also impact the length of the workouts, but the total number per week is the primary difference.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. We have an open issue for this one.

This is working as expected for a “C” event, which custom plans aren’t tailored towards. If you add the camp as a “B” or “A” event, the plan will recalculate.

How are you getting into the settings for an already built Plan? Maybe I’m having a rough Monday, but I don’t see any way to edit the current plan or get to a “recalculate” option. I really need to shift the entire plan to have Sunday as my main off day.

We’ve changed our approach to training for Time Trials with Plan Builder. The logic in Plan Builder is correct - we’ll make sure that the linked article is appropriately adjusted or removed. Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any adjustment to a plan you’ve already scheduled is going to be done on your Calendar.

In your case, you’re going to need to select the starting annotation for each block (e.g. “Base2” on January 7th, “Build” on January 14th, etc.) and a modal window will pop up via which you can adjust the training days for the entire block.

2 Likes

I have just completed SSBLM1, in week 3 of SSBMV2. I want to start a training plan upon completion of SSBMV2, but the plan gives me basically ssb1 & 2 all over again.

Our solution for a case like this is for you to add your plan in the past. Since each of those is a 6 week plan, you might want to try a start date around mid-October. You’re likely going to have to toy with it a bit, but you’ll get less Base and more Build as you select higher experience levels (e.g. “Beginner” is more Base-heavy than “Advanced”).

Thanks, ill check it out

That is what I ended up doing, it just seems like the new automated planning system should have a way to update and add the workouts back in as part of the plan.

I would also love this feature, Crit Series, CX Series, would be nice not to individual add.

Great Feature though!

I’ve made an issue for this to see if we can make it happen. I can’t promise if or when we’ll make that change - sometimes the logic can be significantly more complicated than it may appear on the surface. Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im a little surprised with what plan builder suggested… I have an event in march which i put as an A event, and it loaded up a few weeks of base, then a few weeks of build following by a lot of specialty. I always viewed specialty as the one to cut if you’re short as time since its ‘icing’

Presumably you chose Advanced experience.

1 Like

Per the “Experience” step:

Your selection there will drive the places where PB adds or cuts your training.

2 Likes

Like @jpowers and @mcneese.chad said, it sounds like you chose “expert” when asked about your experience with interval training. “Beginner” leans towards base on one end of the spectrum while “expert” will learn more towards specialty on the other, as you already have well-established base and build fitness.

1 Like

How do i deal with vacations/sickness when i need to bump the plan a bit. Does it automatically adjust it?

No, there is no automatic aspect right now. They are working to add functionality to address these issues.

1 Like

I have been playing with plan builder and it seems to keep moving my triathlon event dates around when I load the plan. The image below shows the C race that is on Wednesday that gets moved to a Tuesday:

It has also moved my A race from a Sunday to the Saturday before, but I can’t get it to re-create that.

Edit: it seems to be shifting the dates in the plan builder event tab:

I have no idea why it would be changing the race date on this screen when it is correct on my calendar.

Also, is there any way of resizing the weekly workout schedule view in the calendar window? It doesn’t auto scroll up/down when dragging workouts from Monday to Sat/Sunday, and it is hard/impossible to grab the left right scroll bar above the update button to select a workout when there are 3 workouts scheduled on 1 day.