🎉🎉🎉 Introducing Plan Builder! 🎉🎉🎉

I’m guessing many TR users would love to see a feature that allows us to create a plan using Plan Builder, then have the ability to save the created plan before applying it to our calendar. Give us a chance to look it over, see if any adjustments are needed for specific schedule conflicts, etc, and make adjustments, then at a later date simply apply it to our calendar once finalized to meet our personal needs.

2 Likes

You got -300 or -75 (trying to wrap my head around “minus”) :slight_smile:

I was setting mine at “moderate” since I knew I wouldn’t be doing tempo for 36 hours :wink:

Thanks for the help anyway. Plan Builder is still pretty sweet.

1 Like

I had a “C” race scheduled in plan builder on a day that normally has workouts. I deleted the race, but can’t get plan builder to re-calculate. Going to the individual phase and hitting update hasn’t changed anything. Do I need to re-make it fresh in the plan builder?

Audax breaks the calculator - I can’t remember where the point is (12 hours maybe?) but after a certain point adding time reduces TSS.

I’ve ridden a couple of 200’s with a power meter and they’re usually about 400 TSS, so I just add the event and manually put the expected TSS in - a 600 I’d do as 2 days in a row of ~16 hours, with a TSS on each day of ~500, then after riding fill it in retrospectively from either Power based TSS or HRSS if on the audax bike (no power meter)

HTH!

2 Likes

Have added some TT’s into my calendar that are <10 minutes in length.

Plan builder suggests I do sustained power build then 40k TT specialty, which didn’t sound right to me. Had a search through support and found https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024371392-Time-Trial-Training- which suggests short power build then gravity specialty, which sounds more in line with a <10 minute TT.

Is the plan builder logic correct or has the recommended approach changed?

Just my opinion but that seems a bit redundant. Create a calendar to make changes to and then save to another calendar? Just editing the plan in the current calendar accomplishes the same thing no?

I don’t believe there is anything to re-calculate, C races are treated as a substitute for the normal workout and wouldn’t affect the plan in any other way. To add back that missing workout look at the normal plan (Base, Build or Specialty) and see what workout was supposed to be there, then simply add it to your calendar.

4 Likes

Can you specify the number of workouts per week? Say 4?

1 Like

I guess I was thinking of somehow allowing a newly created plan to be saved in the background, not to a temp calendar. Allow us to create a plan, with the ability to look it over and adjust for specific schedule issues over a few days … before deleting a current plan and posting it to our calendar. But I also see your point.

You can’t specifically set the number of days. When you select the Volume, Low = 3 days, Mid = 5 days, High = 6 days. Those Volume selections also impact the length of the workouts, but the total number per week is the primary difference.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. We have an open issue for this one.

This is working as expected for a “C” event, which custom plans aren’t tailored towards. If you add the camp as a “B” or “A” event, the plan will recalculate.

How are you getting into the settings for an already built Plan? Maybe I’m having a rough Monday, but I don’t see any way to edit the current plan or get to a “recalculate” option. I really need to shift the entire plan to have Sunday as my main off day.

We’ve changed our approach to training for Time Trials with Plan Builder. The logic in Plan Builder is correct - we’ll make sure that the linked article is appropriately adjusted or removed. Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any adjustment to a plan you’ve already scheduled is going to be done on your Calendar.

In your case, you’re going to need to select the starting annotation for each block (e.g. “Base2” on January 7th, “Build” on January 14th, etc.) and a modal window will pop up via which you can adjust the training days for the entire block.

2 Likes

I have just completed SSBLM1, in week 3 of SSBMV2. I want to start a training plan upon completion of SSBMV2, but the plan gives me basically ssb1 & 2 all over again.

Our solution for a case like this is for you to add your plan in the past. Since each of those is a 6 week plan, you might want to try a start date around mid-October. You’re likely going to have to toy with it a bit, but you’ll get less Base and more Build as you select higher experience levels (e.g. “Beginner” is more Base-heavy than “Advanced”).

Thanks, ill check it out

That is what I ended up doing, it just seems like the new automated planning system should have a way to update and add the workouts back in as part of the plan.