INSCYD test - report included

SS 190 - 200 Watts, I would suggest starting around 3x 16 - 20min and see how that feels, maybe at 70 rpm and reduce this over a few sessions if no problems, I am assuming muscular endurance will be fine with that TIZ.

Yes 138 for Fatmax but Id just round up to 140 or even 145, its still in your FaxMax zone range

ok, so the next question is what changed over the 1.5 months…

How much detraining?

My ftp is something like 270, similar to yours. Based on the past, I would expect an FTP of 200-22 if I:

• stopped riding for 4-5 weeks
  • started riding again for a week or two
  • did an FTP test or estimated from power-to-HR

Detraining was 3 weeks, but still 400-300-250 tss with easy rides. Last detraining week was INSCYD test. Test was 3 days. 1st day: 20s + 3min, 2nd day: recovery, 3rd day: 5min + 10min. All tests was 100% on the saddle, and that was huge difference for me. Test FTP 2 months ago was with possibility to stand on my pedals.

Your 10 mins (600s) power on the test raw data is 260ish watts.
So from that with the power curve it will show a low ftp. You can bang those numbers into a Critical power calculator and I bet the CP and FTP numbers are similar.
Maybe you didn’t do a good 10 mins.
Do another 10 mins and see if it changes drastically. If so contact the person who did the report and the inscyd help desk will recalculate it for you I’m sure.

1 Like

10min was after 5min all out effort, maybe I didnt recovered enough between these two efforts, normally I’d handle 10min 290w, but this is how INSCYD protocol looks like

If I remember it’s 20 mins easy between efforts at a very low power to recover. If you weren’t ready or not enough fuel onboard for final effort I’d redo do it and then get it recalculated.

It seems to me that you are very glycolytic (your body tends to prefer carbs over fat).
If you wan’t to be able to use more fat for fuel, you will have to do a lot of long, easy (really) riding. This can be mixed up with high intensity training like Vo2Max and sprinting, but sweetspot and treshold are less beneficial.

→ I would recommend to take a polarised approach to your training

2 Likes

Isn’t training to lower vlamax supposed to be threshold -Sweetspot - low cadence etc?

IIRC, the AT value for INSYNCD is based on stable clearing of lactate - where your body is able to clear exactly as much lactate as your muscles produce. So it’s different than other FTPs, which are often intended to estimate the power you can generate for only an hour.

we used INSCYD a couple years ago on 10 athletes and the threshold were almost all very low. I think mine was like 50w off as well. Quite odd. Not sure what their algo does but it really messes it up; kinda shocked to see this still happening. Maybe the person who ran the test put the data in incorrectly?

either way, you know what you know and wouldn’t let one bad test dissuade you from the other information that you have at your fingertips.

train on!