I used https://ubiome.com/ to test my gut biome. I’ve taken a lot of antibiotics and I wanted to see if my gut biome was thrashed.
I took this test 2 weeks after I stopped my last round of antibiotics. I plan on retesting as I make diet changes.
I’m not an expert in this area, so if you have any insight please share it. Ubiome doesn’t give recommendations, they just compare you to “healthy” individual’s gut biome results.
- Biome is pretty strong in general
- I have little to no bacteria to help process gluten
- I barely ever drink, yet I have a damaged gut marker bacteria associated with drinkers
- I break down alcohol pretty quickly
- Very little vitamin K bacteria, but I did stop dairy for about 30 days before this so that makes sense.
- I have high levels of bacteria associated with artificial sweeteners. I thought I had eliminated those from my diet years ago, but I do eat a lot of breath mints and they have it! Those stop today!
- I process carbs well, but I also have a higher than normal amount of bacteria that process fat. There’s another detailed report that shows that I’m high on bacteria that process ketones.
I wonder if there’s a connection between the damaged gut marker bacteria and not having bacteria to digest gluten.
On to the results.