Hydration, Sweat and Cramping with Precision Hydration's Andy Blow – Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast 221

Hi @Norman,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We won’t be in Kona this year unfortunately, but we’re hoping to head over in 2020! In the meantime, you can buy our products at PrecisionHydration.com and I’ve also set up a discount code so that TrainerRoad members can get 15% off their entire first order of PH.

Simply enter TRAINERROAD at the checkout once you’ve selected your products before the end of October to get the 15% off.

To answer your second question, we’ve mentioned in a couple of posts in the forum about the benefit of separating your fuel and your hydration (‘How PH fits in with your wider nutrition plan’), so keeping your fluids for hydration and get your fuel/carbs through solid or semi-solid (i.e. gels). Do let me know if you need me to send a link to that blog or if you have any questions after checking this out.

We generally recommend to carry a bottle of PH (or electrolyte drink) and a bottle of water. So, you can then sip between the two according to your own sense of thirst and taste.

For example, during a 4-5 hour ride you could carry PH500 in a 500ml bottle and a 500ml bottle of water at the start of the ride.
Once your bottle of electrolytes has run out, you could add a PH500 powder or tablet (or other electrolyte products) to the bottle and mix with water from aid stations in your bottle. Alternatively, we do have SweatSalt Capsules which are easy to carry & can be taken like paracetamol, and 1 x SweatSalt with every ~500ml of water would be equivalent to a PH500.

I hope the above information helps and don’t hesitate to fire over any additional questions you might have.

Cheers!
Chris

1 Like