How to make alcohol less bad?

This is worth a peek, published last week.

TLDR: >7 drinks per week increases heart disease risk. It’s exponential. n = 500,000.

America Has a Drinking Problem A little alcohol can boost creativity and strengthen social ties. But there’s nothing moderate, or convivial, about the way many Americans drink today.

Coincidently this is the number one article at the Atlantic right now. Basic summation: The primary benefit of drinking alcohol comes from the creation of social bonds via moderate drinking. So never drink alone and drink beer/wine in moderate doses. Also, avoid hard liquor - that shit is poison (paraphrased slightly).

It would help if you did not drink on an empty stomach first.

I read “A cardiovascular workout is probably not something that normally springs to mind in the middle of a hangover”
and thought that but it’s well worth a try, nothing to lose. So I did Starr King + 4 this morning.
The bad news is in confirming that bit of advice works for me I also confirm that at 54, 6 or 7 0.5L beers (4.8%) take me way too much to recover (Wed evening, to Sat morning, no way I was doing 0.095 IF on Thursday :scream:)
So I will swing with the lower volume per instance in post #1 and figure out the frequency, to match i think recovery week or something.

1 Like

At 54 years old, 6 or 7 beers would knock me out for 6 or 7 days!