How to create a meaningful plan?

I like TR, but I struggle to find the right structured workout plan.

I really enjoy riding outdoors, and then earlier this year I learned (and observed the difference) about structured training instead of just always riding as long and as hard as you can.

Earlier during the cold season, I learned the benefits of structured training. On Zwift I did the Build me up plan and I had huge gains as a result. If one day I went out doors, I could simply ride the scheduled Zwift ride the next time. With TR I seem to struggle to create a plan that have the same results as Build me up. Sometimes they seem too easy .. other times hard but manageable seems just right .. followed by too much endurance that is not challenging ..with one time it was too hard (had a blood draw that day)

I rely on using my indoor Zwift set up for structured work outs .. taking advantage of ERG mode .. and when I ride outdoors then I skip the scheduled workout. I’d like to set a super long plan so that I can set it and forget it .. adjust my FTP as I and time progresses .. but always have a work out ready to go .. or if it’s a red day or yellow day .. then yes please let me know ..

Anyone have any tips of setting up a plan? I do want to continue to improve on climbs .. and when I ride with the 19-20 mph group rides .. be able to keep up on the climbs .. and just over all be a stronger better cyclist and continue to go distances ..

any tips?

Thanks !!

1 Like