How Fancy Do you Get with Training Kit?

I have a 1999 era USPS time-trial kit I keep in a cedar box and only break out for ramp tests. I wear the matching “alien” helmet so I don’t get sloppy with my position.

2 Likes

I threw away all my bibs older then 2 years and bought new pro bibs. Will be doing this every few years from now on.

3 Likes

Ha! Beat me to it. If I’m doing intervals on a busy Saturday and don’t want to be bothered by anyone I make sure to wear my full Phonak kit.

3 Likes

I did my Saturday workout on the trainer, but on a screened-in porch with a fan and an ambient temperature of 30F (-1C) and I still had to take my short-sleeve jersey off after the warmup because I’d overheat otherwise. :fire:

3 Likes

C
I like wearing baggie shorts and a regular shirt for easy fun rides and when the time comes I wear the fancy kits

1 Like

Basement - socks and bibs only, couldn´t care less about anything but my behind. As long as the bibs are working their job I keep them.

Outside - unfortunately things need to match and fit - wasting to much money on that, please just don´t tell the wife

2 Likes

Trainer workouts inside: good bibs, wicking undershirt. Nothing fancy.

Outside, matchy matchy.

2 Likes

:laughing:

On a shop ride I forgot to bring socks along, so I just bought whatever. At some point, someone pointed out to me my socks (orange and blue) were clashing with my predominantly red, white, and black team kit. I had to laugh and explain.

2 Likes

Team A all the way.

Old ratty bibs, and a t-shirt or no shirt, and a disgusting, crusty old hat.

2 Likes

I’m fussier than I like to admit, so both indoor and outdoor rides have me wearing Assos kit (shorts, socks and mesh base layer). Tried ratty old kit on the turbo but it’s not as comfy and becomes a big distraction.

1 Like

Pearl Izumi shorts (not bibs) because they are a good bang for the buck and I stay cooler without bibs on during trainer sessions. I save the nicer kits for rides outside!

3 Likes

That’s a good thought, I wear bibs since they resist snagging the saddle during drills that get you up, but SSB has few of those types of drills.

That’s funny. Some groups will tease over anything. One time, they were riding a guy that showed up with a matching kit that actually matched his bike too. Including helmet and gloves. He swore he was totally unaware of the matching patterns and colors. (Yeah, right. Show pony! :laughing:)

I like clashing! I hope it makes me easier to miss for distracted drivers. If their mind says ‘DON’T HIT THAT GUY! HE HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS!!!’ I’m good…

But I did try wearing a jersey indoors, and even the really expensive ‘indoor jersey’ that I bought was too hot. I seem to handle the UA sleeveless tops pretty well though. Once they get wet, they seem to cool off quicker. shrug But no long socks. There I draw the line for some unknown reason. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Totally this :arrow_up:

1 Like

affordable, comfortable, durable. I like plain black shorts and solid jerseys. for indoors, just plain black shorts with a good chammy.

1 Like

$30 bibs from Amazon and a pair of running socks on the trainer—that’s it.

2 Likes

Indoors - comfy Bibs, powerful fan, sweat rag
Outdoors - I try to match up, I usually fail.
The monthly (or so) Gran Fondos (back when being around people was a thing) - it’s like a woman dressed me, the only time everything matches, including socks.

1 Like

C I have 3 sets of kits that i only use for indoors trainer. before i moved I worked for a bike shop and I would get my kits there… for a nice price got 3 kits that i only use on the trainer. I save my nicer kits when Im out in public.

1 Like

I wear my oldest and cheapest bibs or shorts on the trainer. With the straps tucked in the back and no shirt. I’ve never worn a shirt in the trainer and I don’t really see a point unless I was trying to do some heat acclimatization.

For longer trainer rides I’ll go one step up to my mediocre shorts for comfort.

1 Like