Help me find the spirit of gravel… In Denver

My dawgs: I’m going to be in Denver next week on my way back from Big Sugar, so I’ll have my gravel bike. I’m going to be visiting friends but I was thinking of traveling outside the city and car camping. Any suggestions on day-long loops or out-and-backs?

1 Like

I don’t know Denver, but there’s some great gravel routes in Boulder.

1 Like

Definitely boulder or fort collins. I’m on the west side of denver and there is little gravel to be found.

1 Like

https://www.gravelbikeadventures.com/

1 Like

There is some good gravel south of Denver. Depending on how long you are looking for you can do a bunch of stuff in the Rampart Range all the way down to CO Springs. Buffalo Creek also has some really fun stuff and it should still be beautiful next weekend.

I’ll post some routes I’ve done and enjoyed here tomorrow. Depending on when you’re coming through I’d be down to meet up and ride together if you’re looking for company.

1 Like

I don’t know Denver, but if you’re open to Boulder-adjacent, look up the race routes for Old Man Winter Rally or Boulder Roubaix.

1 Like

IIRC, there are some trails out near Golden around the North & South Table Mountains….never ridden them, so can’t speak to how good they are.

And underbiking is always an option on some of the tamer MTB trails in the area.

ETA - always a good resource when trying to find gravel routes in areas you don’t know.

2 Likes

Really depends on how far you’re willing to go from Denver and then on the bike. I live an hour north of Denver, smack dab between some great gravel options in Boulder and Fort Collins. The gravel outside Boulder will probably be easier to access. The FoCo gravel has more options but they’re all virtually north of town and towards the WY border, which is a bit of a trek from Denver.

2 Likes

Boulder Roubaix course is fine for rollers (& you can mix it up with other dirt roads up there), but there’s some fun dirt climbs to be had as well. My recc would be the Stetina FKT from a couple years ago

1 Like