Help me find a new helmet!

Very good in all directions, the only bit where vision is obscured is around the bridge of the nose. The only downside for me is that the visor isn’t photochromic

1 Like

Met manta for aero, trenta otherwise. Fantastic helmets. Comfy and amazing protection. I broke one in a wreck and didn’t even realize I hit my head until I was grabbing my gear from my wife’s car

2 Likes

How far down your forehead does it come?

Just had a 2 hour ride in my new Vento….also found other adjustments to make. Helmet felt way to big on my way out for my gravel ride. Made adjustments at the halfway point and had it dialed on the ride home. Never saw the bottom of the helmet on the return trip and it was seemed to have very good ventilation (but still a pretty cool day here, so hard to say)

I’m a fan.

2 Likes

Gonna order one from BTD($210 on sale, it’s the cheapest of the few I’m looking at) and give it a shot!

1 Like

About halfway for me. If you are worried about it blocking line of sight, I doubt that will be an issue. If you are worried about a big gap above glasses, that can happen with smaller shades but the bigger ‘windshield’ designs fit well for me in that regard.

That is a good price…I paid $250 on sale from their direct site.

1 Like

Maybe check out the Giro yesterday. Geraint switched helmets and bikes, Roglic kept his TT helmet on for the switch.

1 Like

Just augered my head into a rock during a gravel event…in need of another lid. Any more reports from you Lazer Vento Kineticore users?

I’ve done a couple gravel races and am happy with the helmet. Comfortable for the start. Took some experiments to find the best height for the rear cradle to clear my Oakley glasses ear stems, but is great now.

Seems to vent well enough to not cook me much more than my regular road helmet, even for slower gravel climbs. I pretty much forget that it’s there or different from my other daily use helmet.

2 Likes

I’ve been pleased with it. It supplied the solutions I was looking for of not having a low brow and obscuring my field of vision when in an aggressive position.

2 Likes

Agreed with both Chad and Cory….it isn’t the best fit overall for my head, but that is personal. Even with that, though, I reach for it over my Giro Eclipse for most rides. Ventilation is great, looks good, IMO, lots of adjustments, etc.

I do wish it had a more traditional fit adjustment system vs. the “tread dial” on the back of the helmet, but that is a pretty small quibble and likely one that is based on habit.

3 Likes

@mcneese.chad @Cory.Rood @Power13 super stoked with the Kineticore! Seems to fit me well in the wild so got lucky. Actually raced with it in temps close to 100F/38C this past week end and no noticeable heat issues compared to the new Trek Velocis I cratered.

2 Likes