Go to Oatmeal Recipes?

Recipe? for those bars

1 Like

I like to make a week’s worth at once. Love the instant pot for this.

edit: Holy cow do not make a double batch. The instant pot almost exploded. I found myself cleaning the counter, floor, and ceiling of oat goop yesterday morning.

To me steel cut oats are the only way to go. Used to go with the old fashioned quaker oats, but steel cut just tastes better, way less slimy.

Then just microwave some to warm it up, add some blueberries, a spoonful or two of yogurt and top with some granola. An easy, hot breakfast in about 2 minutes.

1 Like

Open bag, add water… :rofl:

Joking aside, awesome recipes in this thread, going to have to try some of these out and get more creative!

CH01, it’s a great recipe for sure. It’s pretty obvious, that for a good cooking process you would need not just fresh products, but reliable kitchen utensils as well. When I choose among different cookware producers, I like to visit Berlinger Haus with their website where I can look literally at the latest sets of cookware and choose the exact one I need.

Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely take a look at this one.

Looks fantastic. Do you have a recipe for this?

1 Like

I think their something to be said for simple and basic. I consider my oatmeal a “feed” and it’s a 1c scoop watered down (chocolate chips, peanut butter, brown sugar for variety).
In the past I’ve had good luck with coconut oil, coconut milk, frozen fruits, chia seeds, bananas…

I have recently been making some baked oats with a recipe from The Performance Chef (Canyon Sram’s chef), and it has made it into the rotation. Quantities below make 2 servings.

1 Like

Where are the raspberries?

Was that in response to me? If so, not sure I follow, as there are berries in the recipe.

I’ve read that 3 times earlier and missed them, sorry!!

I was wondering why it was a raspberry thing when all I saw were bananas.

Maybe I should go and eat some.

1 Like

No problem, happens to the best of us :wink:

1 Like

Oatmeal muffins with blueberry

Oat mix:

• 1 + 1/2 cups of oatmeal soaked in 2 cups of milk for 20-30 minutes.

Egg mix:

• 3 room temperature eggs mixed with 5 tablespoons of oil

Dry mix:

• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar (reduce for “health”, but better taste means you skip even less healthy snacks)
  • 2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

After oats are soaked add eggs/oil, stir a bit and then add the mix into dry mix.
Fill muffin liners (I use 12 filled to the brim) in a muffin pan or use 4 muffin liners to hold form on a sheet pan.

230°C (445°F) for 6 minutes and then
190°C (375°F) for another 18 minutes (depending on oven).
Total time of 24 minutes

Keeps 2 days in room temperature or throw in freezer for half an eternity.
350W for 35-50 seconds in the microwave and your 150-170 (per) calorie meal/snack is good to go.

This recipe along with meal prepping chicken for easy 5 min in the frying pan dinner is a large part of losing 9kg in 10 weeks.
I’ve done some cheat weekends with homemade chocolate-chip cookies, but overall I hardly crave chocolate, chips, whatever anymore as I get my fill of sugar along with a filling snack/meal.

3 Likes

This is it.

Though recently I’ve been swapping Siriacha out for crushed Calabrian chili peppers…

5 Likes

I’ve been keeping it simple recently, what with some colder rainy weather here in the UK:

40g steel cut oats
300ml oat milk (Oatily the original)
Teaspoon of powdered sweet cinnamon
Theee drops of almond essence
30g of dried raisins
Teaspoon of runny honey to top it off when served

Quick, easy and very tasty. :yum:

This is my go-to pre ride breakfast (2 hours before) and gives me lots of energy :smiley:

2 Likes

Trying this recipe and baking now. Seems so odd to me (mainly ingredients) but will try some tomorrow.

My favourite oatmeal topping is a combo of:
Chopped banana
Peanut butter
Brown sugar
Sprinkle of cinnamon

3 Likes

I used this recipe for all of my half and full IMs - it’s the most delicious way to carb load.

The Ultimate Cyclist’s Breakfast | Emma’s Blueberry Lemon Pancakes - YouTube

I really miss Emma Pooley on GCN!

4 Likes

My go to breakfast for the last year or so takes less than 5min to make… I do like my oats thick.

2/3-3/4 cup rolled oats
1 TBSP chia seeds
Handful blueberries
Drizzle honey to taste
1 raw egg
1/4-1/3 cup water or milk (for more protein)

Stir together well

Microwave on high for 2 min

Top with 2 sliced strawberries and a few walnut pieces

Definitely some in this thread I’ll try. I loved my long stint with overnight oats and will have to get back to those again too.

2 Likes

Been making his recipe lately and very good. Add in blueberries, slivered almonds mostly and my batch tomorrow will also add in flax seeds and pistachio nuts

1 Like