Garmin 5 Plus and Stages Power Meters

Using my Garmin Fenix 3 and my Stages left sided power meters on my mountain and gravel / cyclocross bikes and have noticed the power drop out issues when wearing the watch on my wrist that have been documented elsewhere.

I am thinking about upgrading to the Garmin 5 Plus. Has anyone noticed these issues with the Garmin 5 Plus or has Garmin fixed these problems?

Thank you!

I had a Fenix 5S, and had no issues with power dropouts… But, if you read around, there were other people experiencing ANT+ dropouts and GPS issues.

I’ve now upgraded to a Fenix 5S Plus (I wanted mapping on my wrist). There’s currently a bug (fixed by beta firmware – which doesn’t apply to APAC devices, so super frustrating for me) where the device records power spikes.

All of my workouts end up recorded with 50,000+ watt power spikes, which obviously throws off calories burned, training load, recovery advisor and other calculations.

No issues with power dropouts on the 5S Plus, just the power spiking issue. But, I’m using the device with a Neo. I just bought the Favero Assioma pedals, so I’ll try the 5S Plus outside and see how it goes.

1 Like

I’ve have the 5X+ and I have the same power spike and also power drop issues using my smart trainer indoors. I’ll get 5k+ power spikes and it drops power frequently also. When you look at the watch the numbers are all correct but once you view the post ride file it is like it went insane.

1 Like