FTP improvements in percentage of VO2max

Surprised nobody picked this up. So many assumptions. My RER at FTP varies hugely, depending on so many different factors (including the croissants I snagged on during the walk to the lab)…

I wrote pVO2max when I should have written max 5 minute power. Sorry to anyone I confused.

Thanks, i asked because i like to know how WKO4 or 5 determine pVO2max, because VO2max is not a sticked power point…

Right now i have a WKO5 trial and see that the given VO2max power is the same around my power at 3,5-4min. Is it possible with Golden Cheetah to calculate % FTP to V02max? I read about 81-83% of FTP to Vo2max, you have to increase the ceiling with VO2max workouts before increasing FTP.

How can i do that with GC? Is 5min power a good reference of power at VO2max?

Yes, 83% fractional utilisation would be getting up there (though this varies from person to person).

Mine was 86% last Jan, so I undertook a 6 week VO2 Max block, after which I was able to push FTP up. Currently doing another 6 week VO2 Max block as FTP was again reaching 86/87%.

5 min power can be a reasonable approximation - whatever you use, stick with the metric for means of consistent assessment.

1 Like

Last year was some lab testing - this year’s figures from WKO5.

Afraid I don’t know about Golden Cheetah.

1 Like