Forum Issue: New User of the month

So apparently I have won new user of the month. Yay. I have received about 20 emails telling me this so far. And every time I click on the new users badge I am still not listed. But I keep getting emails about it. Not really worried about it either way…but getting a little obnoxious.

My last three notifications on the forum show this. If I go back further you’ll see a lot more. Seems like something is broken?

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 9.15.12 PM

1 Like

First World Problems!

I can’t help you but congrats :grin: and welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Congrats!

Can’t help either (try another browser if Safari?!), but found the latest source code for that scheduled job: discourse/grant_new_user_of_the_month_badges.rb at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub which was a quick fun read before going to sleep :wink:

1 Like

Maybe @IvyAudrain can take a look at this?

1 Like

I use Chrome but don’t see how it could be browser related since I also have received many emails about it. Here you can see a snapshot of searching for Trainer Road PMs in my deleted items folder in Outlook:

1 Like

sorry I missed the part about the emails in your earlier post! The obvious answer is to reach out to support@trainerroad.com and let them know about the cron job gone wild :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yikes! Sorry you’re dealing with this, it sounds like there was a bug in Discourse (our Forum host) that was reported by other non-TrainerRoad Forums over the weekend. It appears to have been resolved by Discourse Monday? (More info here).

[edit] Can you drop another note here if you get another new notification?

2 Likes

apparently the moral of the story for September 2020 - don’t skip the new user tips!

2 Likes

The last email I received was on Monday. I am not sure when the last forum notification popped up. Thought it was yesterday which is why I posted again - but I got so many of them I may have lost track! :slight_smile: Still don’t show up on the new user of the month badge page so wouldn’t be surprised if I got another notification if that job runs again.

LMAO. I didn’t even realize there were new user tips so this certainly looks to be the problem.

1 Like

not easy being a new user, but hey, just look at the number of kudos you got!

1 Like

Just got another email notification. :grinning: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@bbarrera - Can you direct me how to read the new user tips? Perhaps that will resolve the issue.

I remember being prompted when joining, but don’t recall specifics. And a quick 1 min search didn’t point the way (instead I found a bunch of articles with tips on getting started).

OOF. Thanks for letting me know, following up with Discourse (our Forum host) now to find a fix. Sorry for the trouble! Hang tight! :crossed_fingers:

*UPDATE:
Discourse deployed the bug-fix, should be all-set now, and you should no longer receive those notifications. Thanks for the heads up so we could address this! :star2:

1 Like

Cool thanks. Did get another email today, but I do see my badge on the new user of the month page now so assuming this is fixed. Cheers.