What’s with this flashing and showing up at the top of each forum thread:
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 7.14.18 PM

12 Likes

Ugh, it shows up randomly mid thread as well :-1:t4: @Nate_Pearson

9 Likes

If your on the forum. You know about plan builder

I’m building a massive plan for all the racing I’m doing this year

6 Likes

It’s a public forum which means there a people hear that may not be subscribers, therefore they do not yet realise the magic of Plan Builder!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a tad annoying but TR is paying for this forum, obviously the cost is figured into subscription prices. TR is advertising to attract more business, can’t fault them for that.

4 Likes

Maybe one of their software gurus can find a way to identify those of us that subscribe and remove it for us while keeping it there for the non-believers?

9 Likes

Since when are ads not all eventually annoying?

Just part of how a company can be sustainable.

Not necessarily. I pay for Youtube premium to kill ads. I also pay for TR. Since I am already a subscriber there is no additional revenue generated from me for seeing the ad over and over again. If they were selling space for page views then yes the ad would help them with revenue/sustainability.

12 Likes

@Nate_Pearson
I also am a TR subscriber (and already use Plan Builder). And I also find the ad for something I already use annoying and distracting in the middle of my feed.

8 Likes

It’s a bit annoying in that it pops up all the time

4 Likes

That made me laugh out loud :joy:

2 Likes

Never seen it, not sure what setting or ad blocker is responsible though - running uBlock Origin but it says it hasn’t blocked anything on this site? I’m on dark theme though and both the screenshots are of light theme…

I first came across it in the meme and joke thread. I spent like 30s trying to figure out what was so funny about an ad for plan builder. :laughing:

8 Likes

TR’s forum, promotion of their features, I have no problem with the banner. It could be alot more intrusive like other forums / websites.

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson
The Banner is super annoying.
I’m using plan builder already, I’m an existing TR user.

Maybe the forum can recognise if your a TR subscriber and logged in the advertising is not on.
It came up every 20posts

6 Likes

I’ve not seen the banner ad.

Current subscriber logged in through TR account, on the forum (android) app

1 Like

Nope - never seen the add

First time i saw it is now, when i came on this thread.
I agree. No need to publicise anything to us, suscribers.

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson

+1 identify non subscribers and only show it to them. Its becoming super annoying in the same way that the referral notification became “in your face” on the browser.

Its showing up at the top of threads, mid threads and at the bottom of threads.

5 Likes

Same here, can this be turned off for current subscribers? It’s mentioned about a dozen times every podcast as well!

5 Likes