Formula 3:6:9 Energy Drink

Anybody tried this stuff? No personal interest, just saw it pop up in my IG feed…

Blockquote Formula 369 is a simple and cost effective way to give endurance athletes exactly what they need in a drink mix, and nothing more. A lack of calories often holds athletes back from performing at their best, but with up to 90 grams of carbohydrates in a bottle, Formula 369 will keep you going strong until you hit the stop button. With each scoop containing 30 grams of carbs, you can mix 30, 60, or 90 grams of carbs per bottle to suit your needs. Our 1:1 ratio of glucose to fructose utilizes 2 energy pathways, allowing you to absorb the maximal amount of carbs per hour, without stomach discomfort. We cut out everything that doesn’t contribute to performance, so we can give you more product, at a lower cost. Formula 369 is vegan friendly, allergen free, and unflavored. This 5lb bag has 73 servings which can be mixed a 1, 2, or 3 scoops in a bottle.

“INGREDIENTS: Maltodextrin, Fructose, Salt.”

you can just buy this stuff individually for way less.

You are paying them to mix it up and tell you it’s fancy

1 Like

I mean, they are offering a convenience service and are pretty transparent, so… I guess it is just as simple as “do I pay someone to make it easy or save some bucks and do it myself…”

1 Like

Also, at 1-1 ratio you can just use sucrose if you can handle the sweetness.
Also doesn’t look like any flavoring, which I honestly think is the hard part of these drinks.
It is cheaper than other brands (some of which are crazy expensive), but reference for ‘value’ is gatorade powder + sucrose + sodium citrate. Flavor isn’t going to win any awards, but it’s not awful, and it is awfully cheap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah my home recipe is 1:1:1 Gatorade powder, Maltodextrin powder, table sugar. Sodium citrate for salt, amount variable by how hot out it is. Got an enormous jug of Maltodextrin powder for cheap. Its easy to measure and mix, tastes ok, does the job performance-wise

2 Likes