FINALLY! Zwift introduces "Return to Home" feature!

No more having to completely exit the game to change routes, join another rider, etc.

About goddamn time!!!

13 Likes

Wow… and it’s not even April yet

EDIT:

here’s the weblink if you’re not a twitter user

1 Like

Only took 4+ years for what is likely the most requested feature in all of Zwift. :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

Hahah this is hilarious

1 Like

I wonder how many ultimatum posts they got in their forum from people threatening to quit lol

2 Likes

No idea. But I got super pissed at Z, and it was kinda the tipping point for me, a few years ago during an Eric Min interview. Simon (the host) asked Eric about this feature and Eric totally dismissed our request saying something like “oh, that doesn’t match our intended workflow…” or some other bullshit.

He neglected to consider that not everyone has the same workflow of a lame, linear-minded programmer. Not to mention that it is SUPER easy to get a double click/tap when moving from the opening device pairing screen to the world / route selection screen and accidentally jump right into the damn game. Then your only choice is to bail out and start all over.

Just shows crap attitude from him, and apparently Z as a whole, that refuse to actually listen to and consider opinions from their paying users. Diametric opposite to what we see here, and that Z junk has nearly gotten me to cancel for the first time nearly 6 years of use. We will see if this is a start to better stuff from Z, but I am quite skeptical still.

Sorry for the rant, but this is great development, years late and kinda reopens the “they don’t really care about customers” feel I have gotten for the last 3+ from them.

21 Likes

Your whole post was right on, but this especially grinds my gears…and it is a flaw that is well-known / identified and they just did nothing.

2 Likes

I feel the same and at some point will cancel to solely do TR and sub to some other one like Flugaz or even Tacx. I tried RGT but not there yet personally.

2 Likes

Yeah, even if they hadn’t bothered to “fix” it like they just did, moving one button or the other on one screen, to prevent the double trouble, would have saved more than a few headaches and “ARGH!” moments. But that doesn’t seem to be how they work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So what used to happen before this? It quit the app? (non-zwift user, genuinely curious)

1 Like

FFS, about time too! Zwift is fairly good for racing and group rides but there is a lot to really really not like about the user interface and overall experience. It’s getting pretty crowded now as well…

Has anyone else tried using GTA for their indoor rides yet? They have now got it set up quite well with an installer and routes etc, and i hear that steering with the Sterzo will be integrated soon.

It’s way more chilled out and the graphics are 1000 times better.

yep, exit back to the desktop and then start the game again. Seriously.

3 Likes

Yup, exit to main device screen (Win / Mac at least). Leaving a route to ride anything different required a full restart of the Z app.

Interestingly enough, the iOs and Android went back to Z home screen and allowed you to start over in Z easily. That fact made it all the more frustrating for us Win / Mac users since it was clearly something that was possible, but they refused to take the step to add it app wide.

3 Likes

Wow…

1 Like

Quit app and log back in via the pairing screen and pick the route, etc. It is not terrible with a fast computer or ATV but still unnecessary.

Edit: for me it is more of how Eric Min is and his approach when you come here TR is amazing in that respect.

3 Likes

The perfect example of how stupid the UI was for this came with the introduction of the Pace Partners.

Most of us could hop in with Dan or Coco from the get-go with no issues…but if you wanted to join the A or B groups, you had to warm-up first. So that meant logging in, choosing a course, riding for a bit to warm-up, stopping the ride, exiting the app / program and restarting everything, then choosing the Pace Partner you wanted and start going again.

Simply dumb UI…and as noted multiple time, complaints fell on deaf ears.

8 Likes

Maybe my pipedream of finally getting a lap button isn’t so far fetched after all!!!

8 Likes

Don’t go getting greedy now :wink:

2 Likes

Coming to you in 2028!!

3 Likes

Too ridiculous… there are no words to fully describe it. One the most embarrassing developer failures of any modern platform finally resolved.

Oh bravo guys. Golfclap

3 Likes