Favorite place you have ever ridden your bike?

That was the best biking ever!! Too bad I had to go back to Wisconsin where everything is flat

Iā€™m lucky enough to live in the north west UK and enjoyed North Wales, The Lakes, Shropshire, Yorkshire and the Scottish Borders. If you ever make it over this way thereā€™s plenty within a few hours drive.

Bike packing off the beaten tracks of Slovakia and the Czech Republic was some of the best fun on two wheels though

3 Likes

+10000 for Mallorca. Hands down amazing cycling. Beautiful rides, great cycling infrastructure, friendly locals and drivers, and the food! Calobra! Formentor! Puig Major!

If I could only ride in one place the rest of my life, this would be it.

6 Likes

White Rim Trail

(Photos from early 90s)

Torn between Mallorca and Altea.

Mallorca seems to have it all. Weather, routes, great roads etc butā€¦ it can get to be a bit ā€˜similarā€™.

Altea might be a bit to close to Brits-on-tour Spain for some but, if you get to ride with someone who knows the area and head inland, the climbs really vary and the cafes are amazing.

2 Likes

Napa/Sonoma Counties with a few forays into Lake and Mendocino counties. Challenging climbs everywhere you could think of to ride, with beautiful scenery every step of the way. The weather doesnā€™t suck either. Only drawback is some of the mountain roads are in abysmal shape. There are some descents that are absolutely brutal. Never ride down Cavedaleā€¦

3 Likes

Favorite places:

• Annadel State Park in Santa Rosa, parking from Trail House, doing a few hours on the mtb and then ending with a beverage
  • Santa Cruz usually around December after a bit of rain. Loamy. Both Demo forest and the various trails around town that you might have heard of.
  • Sedona! All of it.
  • Klondike Bluffs in Moab

I visit the Scottish Borders every few years to visit family, have always enjoyed the road riding there but this last time I rented a mountain bike and wow, it was amazing! Totally different from the desert where I live :slight_smile:

1 Like

My family live near Altea so Iā€™m lucky enough to go out there every year.
I always hire a bike for a day or 2 each week Iā€™m there.

1 Like

Greater Yellowstone

and Alaska

7 Likes

Mallorca. Soller over the mountains to pollenca.
The alps in the summer are also amazing.

3 Likes

I stayed near Peebles which I hear has a world class mtb course

1 Like

I visited port Douglas (thala beach) a couple of years ago but never got to ride, is it as amazing for riding as it looks? The main coastal road is all I saw, even though it looks outstanding

Innsbruck, Austria (not Zwift). Had a guest stint with a road team based there for a month in 1996. Just spectacular.

The Pyrenees - scenery and heritage to match the Alps but much quieter roads

Tenerife is my favourite

I live in the Scottish borders

Lake Como by far. The Ghisallo and Sormamo were fun obviously, but just riding around the lake was spectacular.

2 Likes

Lucky! Iā€™m from Hawick, my family still lives there :smiley:

2 Likes

Just sharing my ride up one of my favorite places, would love to spend extended time here training

1 Like