Desktop UI improvement suggestion: Touch screens and Fat Fingers

Hi Team

Having got myself a spangly new laptop with a touchy-feely display, it makes the use of TrainerRoad a dream not having to use a mouse mid-workout. However, whilst using the touch screen, I’ve encountered a couple of UI improvements that could be made to the Desktop app to make the touch-screen experience better. The two UI features are the buttons for changing the workout intensity and showing / hiding the stats in a workout: it is quite the challenge to get the finger accurately aimed and fired at the small arrow buttons buttons whilst pushing out 260 watts!

Until then I will use it as a new type of hand-eye co-ordination training … !

Thank you and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this onto the team for consideration :slight_smile:

One thing I’d like to mention is that you can adjust the intensity using the up and down arrows on your keyboard if that is easier than tapping the touchscreen :+1: . You can learn about more keyboard shortcuts here in this Help Center article:

Cheers!

1 Like

I think one easy fix is the expand the clickable area of the buttonsIntensity.click,area
Currently, the blue area is the clickable area while the red area should be clickable but outside the blue box does nothing if clicked

2 Likes

If you’re doing what I think you’re doing and < and > are just small clickable text lables with < and > just increase the size of the font. Ok, not the best solution cause the clickable area isn’t as big as it should be, but there is lots of room to enlarge the arrows without it overlapping anything else. So very easy fix. Or put two panals behind that set of controls where a click event does the same as a click event on the arrows.

Sorry, I do c# development and miss getting to do winforms though guessing that is xaml but same idea works there too.

Thanks for the info Bryce, I’ll look them up. However, the new spangly laptop is a convertible … so no keyboard (which prevent all sorts of mess getting in the keyboard :smiley:

1 Like

The upgrade looks great and works a treat! Thank you :smiley: