Cycling Memes and Jokes

In the past, when a timber was called a 2x4 [or “two-by-four”], it actually measured 2 inches by 4 inches. Now, most timber is milled and planed to give it a little more of a finished look, and a little more of a consistent size and profile. Because of this extra milling, a 2x4 no longer measures a full 2 inches by four inches. Instead, a 2x4 is really only 1 1/2" by 3 1/2".

2 Likes

I am building a paincave as we speak. We call it a two-four but on on the reciept it says 48x98.
As for the lenght I would say «I need two point five meters two-four.» only in norwegian

The same with pipes - they also come in inches

4 Likes

Chad, I’m afraid I’m going to have to call out your post for being too educational. This is a joke thread :wink:

14 Likes

Doh!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

We could probably turn his reply into a meme.

2 Likes

say no more!

12 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes

My dear, don’t forget I need a pound of butter, 2 liters of milk, a demiard of cream and a gallon of ice cream.

Canadian grocery shopping instructions.

6 Likes

You must not be lactose intolerant.

6 Likes

Metric or imperial is all good but WTF is a cup. Cups are for tea or something sexier.

8 Likes

Sometimes 250ml, sometimes 236ml. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

22 Likes

I’m British and mostly use metric but …

I’m 1m80cm tall and 85kg but have a 32" waist and 42" chest - WTF???

I worked in the building trade for a long time and when measuring you’d just call to the nearest legible unit, so 82 1/2 inches or 3.25 metres or whatever. Listening now to builders and tradesmen in general, no-one uses imperial, it’s metres (or millimetres), kilos and litres. Somewhat more bizarrely in the UK the imperial units are defined, in law, by metric values, so one inch is 25.4mm, a foot is 304.8mm, etc

I’m with @kevistraining on temperature - Faherenheit is just wrong!

3 Likes

In South Dakota we have an entirely different measurement system. A few examples. How much beer do we need for this weekend? A “shit load”. How far did you ride yesterday? A ton of miles. How much climbing on that route? Fn’ lot. Finally, how fast did you go? “KOM” or the other way “No cups today.”

13 Likes

Moved to Canada a while back and found their tablespoon measurement is different from the Australian one?

Probably explains my frequent baking failures up until that point. Most online recipes use US measurements, so I was using way too much baking soda and exploding muffins all over the place. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@mcneese.chad lookin at you bud!!:rofl:

16 Likes

If that tire was a Continental GP 5000 TL, the masseuse’s finger prints would be embedded in the table under the body - which would be dead.

12 Likes

How I felt after nailing Gabb today:

How I looked:

38 Likes

How Pirates Of The Caribbean Hijacked America’s Metric System

Who can we blame for the totally ridiculous date format? I’m too lazy to dig into that one.

4 Likes