Cycleops hammer power discrepancy with power meter increase over time

Gotta ask to satisfy my curiosity lol My Hammer and assioma uno have aligned pretty closely in the past. I use power match when I do use erg, but I recently was trying RGT and had it receive trainer power and it’s around 30w below the assioma, and of course I’ve been using this stuff forever and have everything calibrated, latest firmware, etc and still the same discrepancy. Is there anything servicing wise I should consider? or do i just have to let it go? lol

i’m replying to myself because a) i forgot I had created this topic before and was writing this all over again and b) i’m still experiencing this lol

no one with an older trainer has experienced reductions in accuracy over time?

Can’t help, but also have an original hammer, so am claiming a 30 watt increase in FTP! :grinning:

Do you spin down every workout - I tended not to when zwifting but am fairly religious about it when doing workouts?

Also, have you ruled out it being RGT? i.e. got the difference on something else - recording pedals on Ant+ on headunit, hammer on bluetooth on mobile?

i dont spin down every workout but i’ve done it periodically and don’t notice any difference when i do compare. and I’ve done other ways of dual recording and the discrepancies remain, so it’s not a software issue or anything like that. it’s not like a huge deal because I use the pedal power but was curious

I wouldn’t be surprised if my inaccurate Suito has become more inaccurate over time but I’m using powermatch and RGT before my cancellation and its demise read directly of the same pm too instead of the turbo, so its a rabbit hole I’m not going down.

yeah i’m doing my best to avoid the rabbit hole, i do my riding on zwift now and I do notice after a while that the resistance decreases after 45-60mins, so whatever I do in the first hour at a steady pace is a little harder to maintain (I have 8 speed so it’s harder to fine tune my power, I’ve got an 11 speed setup on deck to install but I more than get by with claris). I’ve used this trainer religiously all year for years so it’s bound to have some degree of wear, but not sure how long people hold on to their trainers and if they can even notice any changes

I don’t use power match/ have a power meter on my turbo bike. But I can’t say my RPE is higher indoors v out, or lower later in an indoor workout. I’ve gone through several belts though - there is the tightening bolt that I feel I should check more than I do!

There’s the whole big ring v inner ring rabbit hole too?