Looking to try new foods, so please contribute your favorite healthy / healthy-ish recipe.
Here’s my contribution for Mediterranean Bowl:
Tomato Salad Base
- Tomatoes - I used cherry tomatoes quartered
- Cilantro to taste, but could use parsley
- Feta cheese
- Diced red onion - as much or as little, depending upon your taste
- Falafel - we bake instead of frying, to make this healthier
- Garbanzo beans
- cucumber - diced
- Cut-up olives
Dressing - added when assembling
- We do a combination of Tzatziki and Hummus
- Could also do Tahini
Each person combines the Tomato salad base with as much of the add-ins and dressing per their taste.
This is a great recipe, as it is healthy, and everything can be made ahead of time and in larger quantities so you can have this for several days. Plus each person can tailor this to their taste buds