CR2032 battery - extended warranty!?

It only happens when it’s wet, it then lasts only about 2-3 weeks. I think it must have some sort of leak current when it has been wet. Maybe changing the o-ring might help, but it looks ok and getting a new one seems difficult at the moment. There is no obvious humidity that could be dried out, so there isn’t much I feel I can do. Its a gen 2 I picked up used. I had a gen 1 before that with the same issue, but I also have a new gen 3 that hasn’t had that problem yet.

Nothing is staying connected to it, I only connect it to my garmin, which will then be off. Bluetooth on my phone is always off too.

Anyway, I was really only posting to tell people about the amazing rechargable CR2032 batteries!

I haven’t done it because I hardly ever ride in the wet but on watch cases they put silicone grease on the gasket to make a waterproof seal. On my Stages gasket, it’s bone dry. Some day I’ll put a drop of grease on it.

1 Like

Haha, yeah I’m the same with “some day I’ll do that”. Haven’t got silicone grease in the house, but someday, yeah…

I actually have the silicone grease but we moved six months ago and it’s in a box in the garage somewhere. I’m also not having battery issues so any improvement for me is theoretical. :slight_smile: