Concept 2 SkiErg (or Indoor Rower) on TrainerRoad

Do you have a plan to convert the C2 to use two arms vs one row handle?

As of now, I donā€™t. I would have to build a bench that would allow a horizontal sweeping motion underneath. Or, do the upright conversion making a skierg our of the rower. That will essentially gives me the sweeping motion parallel to my body, just vertical while Iā€™m standing.

Like this - Make Your Rower A Ski Erg | WODdoc | P365 | Episode 637 - YouTube

Itā€™s a bit annoying. Iā€™ve only been able to make it work across two devices. So the iPhone runs RowedBiker and then run TrainerRoad on the iPad. The iPad will see a power meter called ā€œiPhoneā€

I guess I may use the Cable hardware that another person replied with above. Thatā€™ll translate the Ant+ info into BT for TrainerRoad. Is TR worth it for rowing? Or should I use another app?

I personally find it really good for rowing. Motivating and the structure really helps me out.

Iā€™ve put in about 100 hours on the rowing erg this year, and just added he skierg as I head into my post-bike racing future.

The ranges of motion and muscle recruitment as so different from cycling that I think itā€™s best to go Seiler and just look at HR on the ergs. I use ErgData and let everything go to Strava, then intervals.icu.

You can structure workouts by pace/500m and HR, but trying to futz around with the power curves to get accurate IF and TSS is more of a pain than itā€™s worth, in my view.

Dropping everything into a platform that would look at HR for cross training and power for cycling would probably be the more low-maintenance route. So use TR for the bike, and something else for all three together?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using Intervals.icu to track all training modalities.

Do some tests to establish a critical power curve for rowing and set your zones. A little Googling will find you the Australian Institute for Sport testing protocol for establishing rowing FTP and power curve.

Fritz Habermanā€™s calculator for power-based rowing zones is good. Again, a little Googling and you can find it.

1 Like

This one or is there an update? Those Aussies do good work.

1 Like

thatā€™s the one

1 Like