I am a long time Computrainer user (20+ years) and TR user (10 years). I use the Legacy version of TR. Occasionally, I have connectivity issues but most resolve quickly. Today, TR could not find my Computrainer and after 40 minutes I gave up. Are any other Computrainer users having issues today?
Did you try unplugging the usb and reconnecting it and confirming the leds light up and connect? Occasionally i have issues with the computer connecting after a start up.
Hey! Were you able to get everything working?
There could be a few reasons you’re having connectivity issues. Try these steps first:
- Make sure you have the driver installed: Download and install drivers for Windows.
- Make sure no other CompuTrainer software is running. CompuTrainer software will keep TrainerRoad from recognizing and controlling the CompuTrainer.
- Check the DIN cable to ensure its securely plugged in. Sometimes the DIN cable just goes bad, try a fresh DIN cable if you have a backup.
- Try this particular process we’ve found works for most athletes.
- Do a 10 min ride to calibrate the CT with the external PC cable, not connected to CT
- Plug USB cable into PC
- Start TrainerRoad
- Then connect external PC cable to CT handlebar unit
Let me know if any of these help out.
For what it’s worth, we haven’t made any updates to your specific app version (Legacy), so we want to focus our attention on the CompuTrainer itself and the methods it uses to connect to TrainerRoad.
If you’re still not able to connect, we can get into some more in-depth troubleshooting like hard coding the port. There are some more troubleshooting steps viewable here: ‘TrainerRoad Support - CompuTrainer’, but I’m happy to walk you through them individually.
Let me know how it’s going!
Thank you for the follow up. I did get it to connect following these steps:
· Do a 10 min ride to calibrate the CT with the external PC cable, not connected to CT
· Plug USB cable into PC
· Start TrainerRoad
· Then connect external PC cable to CT handlebar unit
It was an unusual occurrence yesterday when it would not connect at all when it had been running flawlessly for a couple of weeks (after I moved the controller to a table and not on my handlebars. When I upgraded to a rocker plate, I think the movement of the controller was causing my issues in September).
For now all is good.
I use a computrainer and run the latest version of TR. I use some software that bridges the two.
My experience is when TR does an update the drivers go offline and the CT won’t work. It was frustrating until I realized If there is an issue, pull the USB connector out and re-insert it.
These were great troubleshooting steps to take! Glad everything was working out, please let us know if any issues persist so we can run through any remaining troubleshooting with you.
Thanks for following up. All seems good now.
I enjoy listening to you on the TR podcasts.
P. J. Arling
Thanks, P.J.! Much appreciated, glad you dig the podcasts!
Feel free to revive the thread if anything changes.