Clothing in a cold garage

My pain cave is in an enclosed porch with no climate control. Generally, above 7C I’m okay in shorts and a tech T. I also have a remote switch on my front fan and will leave that off until I feel warm. Below 7, and I will usually start with a sweatshirt. Below 0C, I pre-heat the room a bit with a small space heater.

The nice thing about the trainer is I can pull things on and off over my head without worrying about hitting something or someone.

Or falling over!!! :rofl:

I use an unheated garage here in central Scotland all winter and prefer to train with the garage door open for a few reasons.

I’ve used a variety of combinations of knee warmers, tights, jackets, gloves, hats and even ski socks depending on conditions and intensity. I’d much rather have to pause for a minute to adjust clothing than spend the workout clenching against the cold.

1 Like

First 5 minutes of rides lately. I need to set up remotes on my fans.

I frequently go with a loose tee shirt, warm cap, arm warmers, and full shoe covers in my garage. But winter temps here in Germany are near 0c but this allows me to drop layers gradually, especially on longer 90 min workouts.

1 Like