Cleat Positioning and Vector PCO

Which way do you move the cleats to get closer to the centre line in this case (when looking at the bottom of the shoe.)

Or is a shim possibly needed?

If you want your foot wider / outside,
you move the cleat narrower / inside.

Everything is reversed between foot / cleat, because you are working on it from the underside.

It’s possible and angle shim might help too, but theres not enough info to recommend one over the other right now.

1 Like

I had a pretty similar variance with my Giro shoes that were about 3 years old, although the cleats were fine, now I have a new Specialzed Ares shoe and I’m weirdly pretty centered again

Material fatigue on Giro shoe after 3 years of use?

Interesting because it hasnt bothered me until now. I just ignored it when the right was +2mm and the left +11mm but it is getting worse. I do need new shoes so maybe thats the answer. Any excuse for new bike gear / shoes.

My shoes are about 3 years old.

1 Like

it started slow for me too, first i tought, hmmmm, a Garmin Update on Edge and so on, first i ignored it too, but time by time the values increased, so i decided for a other reason to try new shoes and then the surprise, they are almost centered with only 1 or 2 mm difference what i think is normal

if you need a varus or valgus shim under your foot and keep adjusting the cleat to get a 0 offset @center without fixing the varus/valgus I can see issues arise. The PCO values may mean you have issues other than just adjusting your cleats in or out or your Q factor/pedal stance. And of course it could be one of the other 100 bike fit issues that needs adjustment.

Point being, a zero offset might be ideal but only if you get there in the right way, otherwise it may make things worse.