Cheap(ish) shorts for trainer

Don’t let it stay soaked. I let my stuff dry out by hanging in the shower. Trust me, if my dripping clothes don’t get nasty with that, no one’s will.

BTW, try the $40 black bibs. What do you have to lose?

I find cheap or old shorts ok up to an hour or so on the trainer. Actually, probably a bit longer since I built the rocker plate!

I’d still go it’s more important to have enough to wear once and wash, than to have fewer more expensive ones that you chance for multiple days!

1 Like

This is really good advice. Thanks!

Please buy bibs though.

1 Like

To each his or her own. You are sitting on a trainer paining and going no where. Not sure how fashionable /roadie that needs to be?

If you are more comfortable in bibs go for it. If you are thrifty (with kids in boarding schools) like me, they can keep the straps so I can save 20 bucks. ;).

Buy a good chamois! Rule #1

2 Likes

Totally agree. If you’ve tried both, choose the one you prefer.

On the other hand, if you’re new to cycling and opt to go for shorts because you think bibs look weird and dorky, do yourself a favor and give bibs a try. I’ve found them to be so much more comfortable. You couldn’t pay me to wear shorts riding a bike.

2 Likes

Noted! This is for the trainer. Please never wear the Pactimo shorts out of the house. Ha. That’s one way to ensure the group drops you. They are pretty sheer.

On the road I’m not sure I’d want to have shorts for getting out of the saddle? Further, the men’s Rapha shorts fit horribly around the leg. The elastic band is surely for wearing shorts over. However, the chamois on both are good for the trainer.

I find DHB is good enough for trainer rides

3 Likes

I’m ashamed to say I’m still wearing a pair of shorts I’ve had for 22 years (possibly more), both on the trainer and on the road/MTB. They are awfully good though!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Ha. That is awesome but count me out. There is something about a fresh chamois.

Same for me. Shorter workouts are okay with cheaper bibs.

I have some older shorts from dhb/Wiggle. Bought them for commuting some years ago. Back at the time for less than 10 Euro in sale. Unbeatable and comfy.

theblackbibs.com 40 bucks and comparable to High End bibs I won two sets for the trainer;

1 Like

Hello, sete,
Thanks for sharing biking shorts much better option to suggest me because of I participate for biking racing this product know this time to use but i have one issue which company of this & I don’t know this product more comfortable otherwise not. You can more design & attractive look shorts otherwise pants need you can try more colorful product details share with me.

Core shorts

As the title says I’m wondering if anyone has found bibs similar to Assos at a more reasonable price point. I have a couple pairs and absolutely love them, but I’m just not sure I can afford to keep buying them.

Specifically I’d love a chamois that doesn’t cut out halfway up the sensitive bits. The full chamois on Assos is fantastic. When I’m on the trainer for longer periods, the bibs make all the difference.

Anything else I should try?

Assos in sale. Swiss iconic factory outlet or wiggle platinum coupled with cycling clothing coupons. Paid 140 eur for the new RS on the latter. Just have to watch out for the opportunities.

Yeah, Wiggle won’t ship Assos to Canada unfortunately. I’ve looked on Swiss Iconic, but they never seem to have Large.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Santini, Pearl Izumi and Louis Garneau are all quite good but not as expensive, and have consistent sizing.

They all go on sale from time to time. Santini sales are only posted on their website (they are actually made in Italy).

Do you know if the chamois shape on those are similar to Assos? Looking for something a little closer. My team kit is Louis Garneau and I can’t stand how their chamois is placed. Its too far back and the seams are right across the tender bits.