Chasing Rabbits

Anyone else operating a catch and release program in lieu of a training plan?

Can you explain what that is? Not familiar with that

1 Like

That’s called being irritating to a random stranger. Don’t rope random people into your games.

3 Likes

Sorry to say but I do it from time to time on my favorite workout route. Not intentionally, just intervals’ timing can leave such impression. Sometimes I even prolong interval to prevent slowing down too near in front of them. Same time I don’t mind if somebody suddenly speeds up in front of me.

2 Likes

I hate those kinds of riders. It was fun messing with them back in my racing days when I was in my twenties and super fit. Let them pass you and then let them dangle off the front killing themselves while you are cruising along in Z2. Then at some point put the hammer down and get rid of them.

I did learn at some point to do your own ride - stick with your own plan. Don’t be tempted to do a 10 minute threshold interval you didn’t plan on because of some wanker out on the road.

1 Like

I had that situation today. I was doing Mount Goode outside today and was passed during a rest section. I then caught the rider in front during the hard effort. I did feel they probably thought I was being a bit of a pain.

1 Like