Calculating LT1 and LT2 approximately without a blood test?

I didnt have any SST in my plan at all - big block of z2 and z3 tempo base Nov to Feb, and then switched to threshold and vo2 work to Apr. Thats not to say he isn’t a fan of SST but when he explained it his approach was to give me a plan that included a lot of work I hadn’t done before - I did a very heavy SST focused winter in 2020/21 and the upper end work is something I tend to wuss out on :rofl: SST comes easy to me…

My plan ends at LBL end of April and I plan to switch to a outdoor high volume approach with 1 structured interval day per week and 15-20hrs of ‘stuff’ that will include a lot of z2 and more z3 again. I should get another 6-7 weeks of that as final prep. I’ll retire end April so time is not an issue and we have 2 weeks in the Dordogne planned in May with beautiful roads and lovely 5-30 min climbs all over the place :smiley:

The 205 miler is Chase the Sun North in the UK, from Whitley Bay to Ayr. 3000m climbing on the way so its going to be a big day out for sure! Got me scared to death! If this goes well then I fancy M312 as I’ve had a hankering for a few years. I did get a group of mates together to attempt an informal run at the original circumference route but then C19…

LBL sounds fantastic and the experience on those climbs will no doubt be epic. Hopefully the legs will be there for me!

2 Likes