I’ve done the tower road one.
There’s something a bit similar just northeast of downtown highland park.
P.S. Tuesdays we do CX practice on/around cricket hill.
I’ve done the tower road one.
There’s something a bit similar just northeast of downtown highland park.
P.S. Tuesdays we do CX practice on/around cricket hill.
If you’re in a flat area and need to train for climbing, what about riding with a running parachute strapped to your chest? Or, pulling a Burley trailer with a few weight plates in it? Might create some of the resistance you’d get climbing… just a thought. I’ve never tried it myself
My thought on that has always been…just go faster. And if you cant go faster…a bigger chain ring is cheaper than a trailer.
A lot of people in Florida, they go to bridges and do bridge repeats. I keep going back to doing low cadence work. It’s pretty simple
for me, low cadence work is better than bridge repeats
Hmmm…sounds like a great way to get stuff tangled in your drivetrain and go down in a heap. WOuld not recommend.
I lived in Southern Georgia for a few years, right on the Florida border. The closest real climbs were indeed the North Georgia gaps, which were well worth the trips a couple times each summer. You can find some small rolling hills around south GA; gravel riding in the area near Thomasville springs to mind. Of course, the hills there are only hills by comparison to what’s nearby, but that really is a beautiful area to ride and I recommend it regardless.
Just put a 26" wheel in back, tilt your saddle 15 degrees and call it a day.