Bianchi + Traxle Woes

No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get a Kurt Kinetic Traxle (2102) to secure the wheel properly in my Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc. As per the instructions, I’m threading the Traxle through until it’s tight on the non-drive side, sliding a spacer on the drive side, then securing with the nut (with no thread left showing).

Everything is as tight as it will possibly go, but there’s still a significant of play in the wheel. Is this a normal thing when using a Traxle or am I doing something wrong? If I so much as look at the bike funny once it’s mounted on the trainer then the wheel comes out of alignment and the disc rotor starts rubbing.

I don’t know if you are doing something wrong, but that is not “normal” to have the wheel loose after installing an axle, even a trainer specific one.

Any chance you can share pics?

Does this video parallel your installation?

1 Like

Are you bottoming out the threads on the drive side before the nut on the nondrive side bottoms out in the dropout? That is what it sounds like to me. You might need a spacer on the nondriveside as well if the traxle length is too long

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Yup, putting one of the spacers on the non-drive side sorted it completely. I feel so dumb, that’s had me stumped for like a week…

1 Like