Best compromise between low and mid volume SSB?

Sorry I missed the post and never responded. Yes, what I was doing at that point was simply doing the two one-hour workouts during the week, and doing a long ride outside on the weekend instead of the 90-minute workout in SSBLV.

I’ve actually now moved to a four-ride week, along with two one-hour strength sessions with a personal trainer and four brief/easy runs (literally 2km in 20 min since I’m just starting to run). Here’s what my week looks like:

Monday - Hard TR SS workout
Tuesday - Brief run, strength session
Wednesday - Brief run, Pettit
Thursday - Hard TR SS workout
Friday - Brief run, strength session
Saturday - Long, steady, relaxed Zone 2 endurance ride
Sunday - Rest!

You’ll note that all my runs are brief/easy and will continue that way (but very slowly get longer as I gain conditioning). And I have only TWO hard TR workouts per week on the bike, plus Pettit and an easy outdoor ride to gain endurance. The strength sessions are, of course, hard as hell, but not aerobically and I can always manage my effort so as not to destroy myself.

This schedule is recent, but seems to be working well. It provides good recovery and doesn’t completely tire me out. It’s essentially two sequences of hard-bike-day, strength-day, and easy-bike-day each week, with the four short/easy runs sprinkled in.