Best compromise between low and mid volume SSB?

Thank you very much @bbarrera, this is helpful, and intresting, and a schedule I have not yet considered.
Not to state the obvious but the outdoor ride as it is the longest in duration of the week is considered the hardest (so take Friday off or do something really easy?)?
I guess I was kind of assuming the TR workouts are the priority as they are the structured workouts and although I would love to get PR’s on strava segments every weekend, I would sacrifice that if I knew during the week as I doing the “real work”.
Are TR plans also designed as they assume you do no other riding?
I ask the longest duration TR rides are usually the last one’s in the week of their plan.
However, back to ride duration, in your above schedule, if I take Monday’s off, should I move what would be the Thursday workout, to Tuesday (as in SSB this is a 90 min ride, the longest of the 3 weekly rides)?
I hope this makes sense.
I guess if I do my long ride on a Sunday vs Saturday due to better weather, I would just shift everything above ahead a day?
Thank you very much for your assistance as I am still early in the n=1 experiment in what works best for me as I don’t know and what I have been doing hasn’t really worked the best for me I don’t think.

1 Like