Base training adaptation churn

I am so excited for this feature! Thank you!

3 Likes

Check out these adaptations lol

4 Likes

The ole’ switcheroo! Adaptations like that can be confusing, where you needed to have some increased duration Wednesday, but received an adaptation for Thursday to not have the same workout twice, and Virginia happened to be the closest match.

We’re actively rolling out improvements on this adaptation logic as a matter of constant improvement, so occurrences like this will happen less and less! :+1:

5 Likes

Groundhog day.

I have been doing sweet spot base Mid-Volume Part 2 and have noticed that it wants to always lower my sweet spot work out on Sunday. I finish these workouts pretty well and I wasn’t sure why it kept trying to lower my progression level. I was saying it was hard on Sunday at first but have lowered it to Moderate the last couple weeks because it was more realistic. But it continues to want to lower my progression on these days.
I do have a feature request for this however. I would like the ability to accept one of the adaptations but not all of them. My example, I wanted to except a VO2 increase workout but not the sweet spot workout decrease, but there is no option for this. You either except it all or none. I ended up adding it manually since it was the last hard week of the plan but this ultimately broke the plan for that day. Is it possible to accept one or two days of the adaptation with out excepting all of them? I was going to create a new topic but this looked like a good spot to discuss this as well.

I wish for the same possibility to reject sweet spot but accept vo2.

I often do boarstone (2hr endurance) instead of the weekend sweet spot. As a result, it wants to adjust my sweet spot down.

Not sure if it is placebo effect but this appears to be happening less.

@IvyAudrain @SarahLaverty

1 Like

It is still happening for me, and if anything is maybe getting worse:

• the other day it suggested three adaptations that were literally the same exact respective workout
  • after pretty much every workout it will suggest seemingly insignificant adaptations, irrespective of how the workout went
  • often times it will repeatedly suggest adaptations each time I open the app, even if they have been accepted

Unbelievable responsiveness and customer service from the TR team on this thread. Really cool … I’m following along.

Nice job :+1:

1 Like

Seems to have settled down now, for the most part. Maybe due to progression during polarized base?